4. Well... Do You?

"Don't hold back this time," Kirishima said getting into a fighting stance.

Bakugo scoffed. "As if I'd hold back."

Kirishima took the lead throwing a punch only to be blocked and countered by Bakugo. "So you were worried about me and came looking?" Kirishima asked.

They spard a few more seconds. "The dumb nerds made me come look for you because they think I-" he cut himself off averting his eyes slightly before trying to attack again.

"They think what?" Kirishima asked as Bakugo got dangerously close to knocking him down again. Bakugo didn't respond which made Kirishima more curious.

"I'll tell you if you admit to what's bothering you," Bakugo said.

Kirishima pondered for a moment. He still didn't want to admit to himself, but Bakugo was his best friend and he was bound to find out eventually.

They spard longer before Kirishima spoke up again. "Fine, I'll tell you." He put his hands in a T telling Bakugo to stop fighting. "Just... promise me you won't look at me any different." The last thing he needed was to be looked down upon by his best friend for something he couldn't control.

Bakugo nodded his head. "Deal," he said.

Kirishima scratching the back of his neck and looked at the ground not wanting to see the look in Bakugo's eyes when he told him. He had no idea how he would react and that's probably what scared him the most. "I'm... an omega," he said slowly. "Not an alpha."

"And why would that change how I looked at you?" Bakugo asked.

"Because omega's are weak, I'm weak," Kirishima muttered looking down at his feet. He could feel his eyes starting to burn again but he refused to cry in front of Bakugo.

"Then I must be pretty damn weak for an alpha if you were able to hold you're own against me," Bakugo said crossing his arms and rolling his eyes. He didn't understand why Kirishima was so upset over some trivial thing like his second gender. It's not like it defined who he was. Yes, omega's were typically weaker but that just meant they had to work harder if they wanted to be strong. Kirishima was a hard worker.

Kirishima looked up at him, he had a point. But that didn't make him like his situation anymore, though it did help. He decided to just think about it later if he thought of it more he might get emotional. "So why did the squad send you to find me?" Kirishima asked.

If they hadn't just been training Kirishima would have found Bakugo's red cheeks suspicious (red sus). Now it was Bakugo's turn to avert his eyes. "They think I like you," Bakugo said.

Kirishima laughed a little. "Well I hope you like me, we're best friends even you said it-"

"No, like... like like you." Man Bakugo felt stupid saying this.

Kirishima looked at him slightly confused for a moment before it clicked in his head. His cheeks turned a bright red and his eyes widened as he turned away. "O-oh, I-I see," Kirishima said. He couldn't help but wonder, "well... do you?" He asked. He couldn't bring himself to look up at Bakugo.

Kirishima probably never would have had the courage to ask him if it wasn't brought up.

Bakugo shrugged "so what if I do, does it make a difference?"

"W-well I-it might," Kirishima said playing with his hands. "Because I might like you like that," he said even quieter than before. "Like more than a friend," he said quieter still.

Kirishima's anxiety grew the longer they stood in silence. Neither one wanted to make eye contact with the other, it was awkward, to say the least. That is until Bakugo got annoyed and broke the silence. "Fuck this shit," he muttered before walking up to Kirishima grabbing his face and pulling him into a kiss. (Slow burn? Who's she?)

Kirishima's eyes widened in surprise. Everything around him was moving too fast for him to process. He blinked once before clamping his eyes shut and kissing back with just as much force. His hands went up to hold Bakugo's face like he was doing with Kirishima's.

Kirishima's mind was racing with confusion but also happiness. He loved this feeling and couldn't bring himself to pull away quite yet.

When they did pull apart they were both panting and very red. "Why did you-" Kirishima was cut off by Bakugo planting another kiss on his lips quickly to shut him up.

"Cuz you're stupid friends were right, I do like you," Bakugo grumbled. Admitted someone else was right was not something Bakugo liked doing.

"O-oh." Kirishima looked up at Bakugo. There were so many things he wanted to say but he couldn't find the right words to say them, like what did this mean for them? We're they now dating or something? Or was this just some casual thing they would do? "C-can I kiss you again?" Kirishima asked shyly when he decided to think about all of that later as well.

Bakugo smirked and without a word pulled Kirishima into another kiss. It felt so right to them, the way their lips melted together, the feeling of the other's hands as they held each other, the fluttery feeling they both had in their stomachs, everything. This was right.

This time when they pulled away they were interrupted by the stupid lunch bell. If Kirishima weren't so hungry he would have just skipped lunch to be with Bakugo for longer, help him keep his mind off things for longer maybe figure out what exactly their relationship was now. But his stomach had betrayed him and growled loudly making Kirishima's cheeks turn a dark red from embarrassment.

Bakugo rolled his eyes but had a small smirk on his lips. "Come on Shitty Hair, let's get some lunch," Bakugo said nodding his head to the door.

"Y-ya, ok," Kirishima said. He was going to tell him off for calling him shitty hair right after making out with him but decided against it, he was in too good of a mood to even care.

(published Jan 15, 2021)