2. Where Did He Go?

"T-this can't be right," Kirishima said looking down at the paper and then back up at the nurse. "I'm not weak," he whispered.

She gave him a sympathetic look. He didn't want her sympathy, he wanted this to be a bad dream.

"Not all omegas are weak, there are some who act more like beta's or in your case alphas." Kirishima was barely focusing on her words as she spoke. "There are a few things I need to go over with you and then you can go back to class, ok?"

Kirishima nodded his head blankly, not really paying attention to what she was saying. "Ok," he said quietly. He had been so sure he was an alpha and now... what was he supposed to say to his friends? He's going to be a laughing stock. But then again, would they really care?

"As you know you're going to go through heats, I have some medicine for you that can help suppress it for a little while if it hits while you're in public, but there's only so much it can do." She opened a cupboard and handed Kirishima a white pill bottle.

She continued talking but Kirishima wasn't paying attention. She was saying something about how his scent will start to grow stronger and all that shit. Kirishima didn't care though, he just had one word playing over and over and over in his head.

Omega.

"I-I need some air," he finally said getting up and going to the door.

"Mr. Kirishima, wait," the nurse said but Kirishima was already out the door and running to the front exit.

There was a small part of him, a very small part, that was a little happy he was an omega, that meant Bakugo and he might have a chance. It meant that he wasn't going to have to act all tough and brooding like his father.

He kept running until he got outside.

Omega omega omega.

He felt a tear run down his face but whipped it away as fast as he could before someone who was outside could see. Kirishima kept walking until he got to the back of the school and was alone.

Another tear fell down his face but he didn't wipe it away this time. He had been so sure, even back in middle school, most people who brought it up with him thought he was going to be an alpha.

He let out a choked sob. "I'm not weak," he said quietly. "I'm not-" he said louder while punching the ground "weak," his voice cracked.

He had meant to activate his quirk, but it didn't work. The stuff the nurse gave him before the tests probably hadn't wearer off yet.

He sat there trying to hold in choked sobs for what felt like forever, he didn't know how long had passed but apparently it was long enough right someone to come looking for him.

"Oi Shitty hair what are you doing out here?" A scratchy voice said. Kirishima recognized who it was immediately. He whipped his face and looked up at the ash blond.

-5 minutes ago-

"Kiri's been taking a while don't you guys think?" Mina asked. "Kami and Koda are already back."

"I think I might have seen him running down the halls as I got back to class," Kaminari said. Kaminari got a look that seemed to say 'and why didn't you say the sooner?'

"Why do you think he was running?" Sero asked. "And where is he now?"

"Who gives a shit, Kirishima can handle himself," Bakugo grumbled annoyed that they always gathered around his desk when talking.

"He's our friend, of course, we're worried," Mina said. "And you should be too, Kiri isn't one to run off like that."

She was right, and Bakugo was a little worried about what made him do that.

"Bakugo you should go look for him," Sero said.

"What? Why me soy sauce?" Bakugo asked.

"Because you like him," Kaminari said in a sing-song sort of way.

"Dunce face I swear I will blow your face off," Bakugo said letting little explosions appear in his hands.

"Ohh kinky," Kaminari joked.

"Boy you're playing with fire," Mina said with a small smile.

"Fine, I'll go fucking look for him, but it's just so you nerds will stop talking to me." Bakugo got up and headed for the door.

He walked down the halls in the direction Kaminari said he saw him running. Why would Kirishima run off like that? Was he unhappy with his results maybe? But if that boy was anything other than an alpha- no he's an alpha, there was no doubt about that.

A small part of Bakugo did wish that the redhead was an omega, only so they could have a real shot together. For a few months now Bakugo had been feeling this way, he wouldn't admit it to someone else, but he had feelings for the other that friends shouldn't have.

He made it to the front entrance. "Hair for brains probably went outside," Bakugo grumbled to himself before exiting and walking around the property.

He heard a choked sob and went to investigate. There he saw Kirishima curled in a ball on the ground crying. One of his fists was full of dirt, probably from punching the ground or something.

"Oi shitty hair." Kirishima froze for a second. "What are you doing out here?"

Kirishima quickly wiped his face before looking up to see Bakugo. His red eyes looked a little puffy and there were still a few tears on his face. Bakugo felt bad.

"O-oh hey Bakubro, I was just getting some fresh air," Kirishima said trying to smile and make it believable.

Bakugo's brow furrowed. "Don't play dumb, why were you crying?" Bakugo asked.

Kirishima just smiled. "I wasn't crying, what are you doing here? Don't you have to stay inside till your tests are done?"

"My parents had me tested when I was younger, and stop trying to change the subject, I know you were crying, I saw you," Bakugo said getting a little agitated.

"I wasn't crying and it's none of your business if I was anyway," Kirishima mumbled looking away from his friend.

Bakugo sighed. "Come with me," he said grabbing the redhead's hand before pulling him up and walking towards the training grounds.

"Wha- Bakugo what are you doing?" Kirishima asked as he was bragged behind Bakugo. "Where are you taking me?"

Bakugo didn't say anything he just kept dragging Kirishima along behind him.

"Spar with me," Bakugo finally said when they got to one of the training gyms.

"What? Why?" Kirishima was confused.

"You're upset, sparing helps me when I'm mad maybe it can help you," he said bluntly as he got into a fighting position.

Wait, was Bakugo trying to help? Kirishima smiled a little and also got into a fighting position. "No quirks, these are our school uniforms," he said. "And don't go easy on me."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Bakugo said. He was the first to swing, his classic right hook. Kirishima dodged it and tried to sweep his legs but Bakugo saw it coming and jumped. "Playing dirty I see," Bakugo laughed.

"That's not dirty," Kirishima said throwing a punch. "It's just me trying to knock you down." Bakugo was right, this did help, he was so focused on the fight that he didn't have time to think of his results.

(Posted Jan 1, 2021)