Chapter 2

---------- Chapter 2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re holding the door open?” I ask Alex scornfully as I walk past him into the office.

               “Aww, honey, I’m not being the gentleman here. I just happen to want a better view of your terrific arse,” he whispers into my ear.

I swat him as I smile. Haden shoots Alex a withering look before turning back to the receptionist, a warm, mesmerising smile on his face. Matt and I hang back, giggling a little at the lady’s glazed look.

When it becomes increasingly apparent she isn’t about to say something, Alex decides to step in. “Hey. We’re the new students,” he says unnecessarily.

The receptionist still has the glazed look on as she nods her head. She gets up and walks over to the cabinet behind her unsteadily. See? I told you Haden is a hazard for women kind everywhere!

               “Okay, I need you to take a sheet each and pass it to your teachers. At the end of the day, bring the papers back,” the receptionist explains clearly, not looking at Haden. Smart woman, she already knows staring at him does not help coherency!

               “Thank you,” Matt smiles warmly before nudging Haden, who seems unusually fascinated by the organization board pinned up behind the receptionist. We walk out of the office and using the maps, we try to figure out where our classes are.

               “Alright! I think I know where my class is!” I announce smugly. Yup, I have a way better sense of direction than the boys, and I’ll never let them forget it.

               “Give me a hug, Jess!” Haden demands. Weird...but what the heck, right?

I hug him and he pulls me closer. Alex sniggers behind me, immediately making me suspicious. What are these idiots up to?

And then Haden smacks my ass! Hard! I mean really hard, it stings! Geez!

I glower at him and he just laughs openly with Alex. Matt shakes his head trying to keep the smile off his face.

               “Behave Jessica!” Haden calls, chuckling after me.

Guys are so weird! As I walk past everyone to get to my class, I can feel stares on my back. I know I’m new...but what happened to common courtesy? I mean, you don’t stare at someone! It’s rude!

I tuck the loose strands of my hair behind my ear and enter the classroom. It’s basically empty so I take a seat at the back and begin doodling on my notebook. It’s one of my bad habits, I have a really short attention span.

               “So you’re the chica everyone is talking about, huh?” comes a sexy voice near my ear. I look up calmly into a pair of dark, hazel eyes. The face that goes with the eyes is very rugged and handsome, but in not such a delicate and refined way as my boys.

               “That depends. What are they saying?” I drawl.

               “Let’s just say your ass is a very heated topic at the moment,” he grins down at me, and I can feel heat rush to my cheeks. What did he say? My ass? Why would people be talking about my ass?

               “So, you guys always check out the new students’ ass?” I ask softly. What a freaking weird school!

               “No chica. Just yours. After all, it’s not every day a pretty new student enrols into the school with caution written across her ass,” he chuckles.

               “What are you on about?” I snap. Seriously, I’m getting bored of this!

               “You don’t know?” he asks incredulously. I shake my head in frustration and he sniggers. “Run your hand over the back of your jeans. I think there’s something there you might want to see,” he continues, trying hard to keep a straight face.

I discreetly run my hand over the back of my jeans and sure enough I feel something sticky on it. I pull the sticker off my jeans to the general amusement of my classmates. Go figure. And Mr. Tall, Dark and Sexy next to me was right...it had the words ‘CAUTION’ written in black. What the heck?!

And that’s when I figure out what happened! This is Haden’s revenge for me smacking his ass in the morning. Oh boy is he going to get it.

               “So we should be cautious, eh?” Mr. Tall, Dark and Sexy asks with a devilish grin.

               “Oh, you have no idea,” I purr. I immediately gain his attention and he bends lower to hear me, “I have three brothers of sorts that will beat anybody who stares at me funnily up. This was just a trap to see who’s been checking me out,” I murmur nonchalantly.

Gosh! I’m so full of crap!

Just then the teacher walks in. He’s a short, bald man who looks anything but pleased to be in here. I guess he doesn’t like the class? Ah well, I can immediately tell he isn’t going to like me...after all it’s a maths class, and I’m not exactly the maths type.

               “I’m Reid, by the way,” Mr Tall, Dark and Sexy introduces, lowering himself into the chair beside me. “Do you have a name, or do you go by Caution?” he teased softly, sending my cheeks blazing.

               “Jessy,” I mumble, pretending to pay attention to the teacher. Truth be told, this guy, Reid, makes me feel off balance.

The moment the bell rang, I walked to the front of the class (yep, my classmates were still giggling and checking out my ass...go figure!) and handed my slip to the teacher. He signed it and gave me a short pep talk on the importance of maths. Bleck!

***

               “Hey there, beautiful,” Alex calls loudly, sinking down on the bench opposite me.

I’m sitting in the cafeteria, with Reid by my side, chattering my ear off. I grimace at Alex and completely ignore Haden as he joins us.

               “Hey man, I’m Reid,” Reid introduces, holding his hand out for Alex.

               “I’m Alex. This is Haden and that’s Matt,” he introduces, deciding not to shake Reid’s hand.

I continue chomping on my sandwich, looking flippant.

               “What’s the matter ice queen?” Haden asks, grinning wickedly at me.

I turn, deliberately, towards Reid and rest my hand on his arm. “You haven’t given me the down low on the school yet. Who’s hot, who’s not and who to avoid,” I murmur cheerfully, intensely aware of my three guys scrutinising me.

Before Reid can answer though, this dorky looking guy walks up to our table and approaches me. He grins, self consciously and holds out his hand. “My name’s Mike,” he introduces.

               “Hey? I’m Jessy,” I reply slightly unsure.

He smiles at me stupidly for a few more second before making a mad dash for a nearby table where all his mates are laughing. “I spoke to Caution Ass!” he shrieks happily, setting my face ablaze with embarrassment.

               “That is the freaking matter, bastard,” I spit at Haden, storming out of the cafeteria.

Revenge is going to be so sweet!