Chapter 31

---------- Chapter 31 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               “Woah!” I breathe as Carter pulls away to catch his breath. “Carter, we’re in a mall!” I whisper-shriek.

               “Thank you, captain obvious,” he teases, kissing the tip of my nose.

               “No! No! No!” I whisper, pushing him away as I button my top back on.

               “Okay, Jessica, you may not realise some things, so let me point them out for you, shall I? I’m 21 and a guy. That actually pretty much sums up everything I want to say. I have needs, babe!” he whispers, snuggling up to me.

               “Well Carter, let me educate you. I’m 17 and a girl. I have fears, okay?” I retort, stepping away from him.

               “Touché,” Carter admits grudgingly. “I’m sorry. You just looked that amazing. Okay, I’ll be civil. So how about we go to my place? Have a couple of drinks, watch a movie or something? I’ll even let you pick the movie,” Carter offers, taking my hand.

               “Okay. But Haden thinks I’m out shopping with the girls...you have to get me back by 9, promise?” I negotiate.

               “God, I forgot what it was like dating a baby,” he mutters to himself. “Okay. I promise.”

He takes me by the hand and leads me to the parking lot and towards his Benz.

***

               “What do you want to drink?” Carter calls from the bar.

His place is an uptown apartment that would cost a bomb, way more than a teacher would be able to afford. Then again, he is Haden’s cousin, right? Haden’s loaded. Maybe Carter is too.

               “Coke,” I call back, plonking down on the sofa.

Carter gives me a martyred expression from behind the bar. “You want a coke? Really now? You sure it won’t be too special for you?” he asks sarcastically.

               “Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning,” I tease, flashing him a smile.

               “Sorry. But this is a bar, hon. You know what bars serve?” he asks condescendingly.

               “I don’t really. I know the guys have whiskey on the rocks sometimes?” I try.

               “Okay, let’s start you with something a little less...yeah. Umm. I’ll get you some vodka. Go pick a movie,” he murmurs, reaching for a bottle on his cabinet.

I get up and walk over to his plasma tv. He’s got all blood and gore movies. No chick flicks! Then again...if he had chick flicks, that would be kinda weird.

               “I don’t know any of these movies. What’s good?” I ask.

               “Babe, if they’re on that shelf, they’re all good,” he murmurs cockily, walking up behind me, nuzzling my neck. “Just pick a random one,” he suggests.

I grab the first DVD my hand touches and race over to snuggle up with him on the couch. He wraps an arm around my shoulder and takes a sip of his drink.

               “What are you drinking?” I ask curiously, it smells so good.

               “Just Brandy,” he murmurs, “Do you like your drink?”