54

||

||

"we do"

•••

Ara has been a dhampir for 165 years. She was a rare type of dhampir with bright orange eyes. Her protected was a wolf, granting her more strength than a normal protector. She was highly skilled with a sword, and known for her fighting skills. Her and Jack might've messed around back in the day...

Rafael was quiet and peaceful man. He's been alive for almost two hundred years, but only has a couple protected left. He knew he was slowly dying, he could feel his bonds weakening everyday. The few that were left were old, too old to continue the cycle. He used two hatchets as defense, mostly relying on brute strength to slay his enemy.

The oldest of the three was Marcus. He was a British asshole who was almost four hundred year old— a.k.a too old too give a shit anymore. Marcus had black eyes with bright yellow irises. He's died over a dozen times, coming back stronger every time. He likes to use steaks as his main weapon, finding joy in stabbing vampires with them. He is unbelievably good at fighting, and loved to show off.

Jasper enjoyed their company on the journey home. You'd think a vampire in a car full of vampire killers would be awkward, but it was quite the opposite.

Ara discussed motherhood with Hayley, while Marcus and Jasper talked about fighting in wars. Jack talked with Rafael quietly in the back of the SUV.

When they arrived home, Ellen greeted them with two happy babies in her arms. Hayley smiled brightly as she took the two babies from her. She hugged them tightly to her body, inhaling their baby smell.

"How was the trip?" Ellen asked, watching the dhampirs grab their belongings from the trunk.

"Successful," Hayley replied, handing Mary to Jasper. She adjusted JJ in her hold, smiling down at the baby. "Micheal allowed us to bring back three. Ara, Marcus, and Rafael."

"They're old," Ellen stated. "If this results in a fight, the Volturi don't stand a chance."

"Good," Jasper said, rubbing his daughter's back soothingly.

Hayley looked back to the dhampirs and sighed. She knew that bringing them into this could lead to war. She knew lives could be lost on both sides. "It's worth it," she whispered. "If we can't work this out, and things go south... it's better to end it. I'm tired of my family always being in danger."

Ellen's eyes soften as she looked at her daughter. It was crazy how much she's grown up. How mature she's become. She understood the importance to protect your family, she knew the maternal instinct.