58

||

||

"i'm gonna kill that bitch"

•••

With an animalistic cry, Hayley leaped into the air and connected her fist with the cheek of the first vampire she could find. The pale skin shattered on impact, and she quickly embedded her stake in their chest.

She noticed Ara slicing through vampires with her sword, and Rafael smashing through their heads. Micheal was laughing like a maniac as he ran around stabbing everyone.

She whipped around to her next target, throwing punches back and forth before kicking him in the gut. The vampire stumbled back before regaining his footing and tacking the dhampir to the ground. After sending a blow to her face, Hayley was quick to stab him in the side.

The vampire disintegrated on top of her, and she quickly pushed herself to her feet. She looked around the battlefield, noticing John was being swarmed. She used her speed to get to his side quickly, and the two worked together to kill the vampires.

Hayley and John shared a look, the wolf nodded his head and the dhampir smiled. They parted ways, and Hayley was quick to spot Jane targeting someone with her ability.

It was Jasper.

Hayley watched as Jasper traded punches back and forth with Demitri before reeling backwards in pain. The dhampir was beginning to panic, but Bella stepped in and began to shield him. Hayley was killing every vampire that stopped her from getting to Jane.

As Hayley watched Bella get tackled to the ground by Alec, her heart dropped. Jasper stopped fighting back and was pushed away by Demitri, falling to his knees in pain.

"Jasper!" Hayley screamed, running towards him.

Before she could reach her husband, she was tackled to the ground. The large vampire on top of her wrapped his hand one around her throat, and shoved the other into her chest. She could feel his fist squeeze around her heart, but it already felt broken. She turned her head just in time to watch Demitri rip Jasper's head off his body.

Hayley let out a blood curdling scream. She didn't fight back against the vampire who was trying to kill her, she didn't look away as his limp body fell to the snow. All she could do was scream.

Her husband was gone.

The vampire on top of her was thrown off, and Hayley looked up to see her brother. Jack looked down at his bloodied sister and offered her a hand. Hayley took it, and he pulled her to her feet. She placed a hand on her chest, feeling the gaping wound begin to heal already.

"You good?" He asked, oblivious to what happened.

Hayley clenched her jaw and wiped the blood from her lip. "They got Jasper," she told him, her empty eyes still starting at his corpse.

Jack took a step back, not expecting her to say that. He didn't think they were going to lose anyone, let alone his brother-in-law. "Hayley..." Jack trailed.

"I'm gonna kill that bitch," She told him, sniffling.

Jack nodded his head. "Let's do it," he said.

Before Hayley had a chance to avenge her husband, Jane took her next victim.

Seth.

As Leah howled for her brother, Benjamin let out a cry before punching the ground, spitting the earth beneath them. Vampires from both sides struggled to keep their footing, majority falling into the hole. Esme struggled against a few Volturi while holding on to the edge, and Leah sacrificed herself to save her.

Hayley threw her stake at a vampire, killing it instantly. She retrieved her stake from the snow and leaped over the crack, locking eyes on Jane who froze in fear. The dhampir's eyes were glowing brightly, and she bared her fangs.

Jane began to panic, looking around for her brother and sisters to help. When she looked back to Hayley, the dhampir was running at her full speed with her stake in hand. Jane was quick to turn and run, but Hayley jumped through the air and landed in front of her.

Hayley grabbed Jane's throat, squeezing hard enough to crack the skin. "For my husband," she said, stabbing the vampire in the gut.

Jane cried out as her body slowly burned and turned to ash. Hayley looked to Aro with a smirk, noticing how angry he was becoming. He looked to Caius and Marcus, motioning for them to join the fight. They didn't last long.

Ara and Jack fought against the blonde vampire. Jack easily overpowered Caius, holding his arms behind his back and forcing him to his knees. Ara narrowed her eyes at the vampire before slicing his head clean off.

Micheal was quick to tackle Marcus to the ground. The overly-eager dhampir laughed in the vampires face before stabbing him repeatedly with his stake.

Hayley joined Edward, as they watched Aro finally join the fight. They started towards the man together, anger coursing through their veins as they sped up. Before they could get to Aro, Bella jumped in front of him. She didn't have the chance to touch the Volturi leader before he sent her flying through the air, and crashing into Edward and Hayley.

Hayley groaned as she sat up in the snow, looking over to Bella and Edward. They were holding each other's hands, their wedding rings shining in the snow. Hayley felt her stomach twist.

"Let's finish this, yeah?" Hayley said through clenched teeth.

Edward nodded his head, as he grabbed his wife and lifted her into the air. Bella's boot connected with Aro's head, causing him to stumble back. Edward threw the newborn into the air, and she kicked Aro into Edward's hold.

Edward held onto Aro's neck, but was struggling to rip his head from his body. Aro escaped the hold, turning around in Edward's arms and pushing at his head.

Hayley could hear the skin tearing. She shoved Aro away from Edward, grabbing the Volturi vampire by the throat before burying her stake into his chest. He gasped, backing away from the dhampir as he attempted to pull the weapon out. He wheezed in pain before falling to the ground.

Edward, Bella, and Hayley stood above him as they watched him burn.

They might've won that day, but Hayley lost her whole world.