53

↓↓

↓↓

"she died"

•••

"This is it?" Jasper asked as he looked up at the abandoned church.

"What were you expecting?" Jack asked, looking over at the vampire.

"Something shiny?" Jasper shrugged.

Hayley snorted. "Come on, let's go in," she said.

The female dhampir went first. She pushed open the large doors, her eyes wide as she looked inside. Unlike the outside, the interior of the building was beautiful. Shiny white tiles covered the floor, and a matte gray was painted over the walls. Different weapons and picture frames were hung up as decorations throughout the church.

Before they could walk any further, a woman appeared out of the shadows. She stood in front of them, not saying a single word as she slowly pulled out her sword. Her dark eyes began to glow a dangerous orange as she advanced towards them.

"We don't want trouble," Jasper told her, slowly stepping in front of Hayley.

The woman ignored the vampire as she raised her sword, preparing to strike him down. In a swift motion, Jack shoved Jasper to the side and grabbed a hold of the woman's sword. Jack's eyes glowed a bright yellow as he stared at the woman, blood dripping down his hand.

"Is this really how you say hello to an old friend?" He asked her.

The woman stopped, her eyes widening in realization as she looked at the man in front of her. She dropped her sword, her hands flying up to cover her mouth. "Jack? Oh, my God. Is it really you?" She questioned.

"It's been a long time, Ara," he said, offering a smile.

The Korean girl quickly pulled the man into a hug. She buried her face into the crook of his neck, inhaling his familiar scent. "I missed you," she told him.

"I missed you, too," Jack told her, pulling away from the embrace. He looked back to Hayley and Jasper, who were both giving him a confused look. "Oh, uh, this is my sister and her husband."

Hayley offered a small wave. "I'm Hayley, this is Jasper," she introduced.

"I'm Ara," she told them. "Sorry about the attack, we've kinda been on edge lately. The Volturi has been very active."

"We know," Jack said.

Ara groaned. "Are you in trouble again? Seriously, Jack?" She asked.

"We need your help," Hayley told her.

The woman sighed, "Follow me."

-

"We have visitors," Ara announced as she walked into the room.