3

↓↓

↓↓

"what are you?"

•••

Hayley sat on hood of Bella's truck, reading a book while listening to music. Bella was standing in front of her with a book in hand as well, but she seemed too distracted to read it.

"What's going through your mind, Bells?" Hayley asked as she pulled one of the Swan girl's earbuds out.

Bella sighed. "I'm planning to confront Edward today," she said confidently.

Hayley smiled at her friend. "Good," she said. "Just don't back down. Show him who's in charge."

Bella smiled at the advice and was about to thank her for it when the Cullen's pulled into the school's parking lot. Hayley closed her book and slid off the truck as she watched Emmett jump out of the Jeep and Jasper exit the driver's side. Jasper quickly caught the girl's stare and offered a her a wave, which she returned.

Bella looked between the two with a confused look on her face before turning back to see if Edward was going to make an appearance; he didn't. A disappointed look found it's way onto Bella's face as she turned to Hayley.

"Sorry, Bella," Hayley apologized. "Looks like your confrontation is going to have to wait. I'm sure he'll be back tomorrow."

Bella nodded hopefully at Hayley's statement. "Yeah, I'm sure he will," she said, trying to convince herself.

Hayley was wrong when she said that Edward Cullen would be back the next day. In fact, the pale boy didn't come back for a while, making Bella grow more anxious as the days passed. Hayley tried her best to comfort her, but Bella stayed true to her word when she said she was a suffer-in-silence type.

When Hayley wasn't caught up in the drama that was Edward and Bella, she was caught up on Jasper Hale. The two had been getting closer as the week went on. The smiles and waves they shared in the hallways eventually progressed to conversations in between classes and the two exchanging phone numbers.

It wasn't until a rainy Friday that Edward Cullen finally returned to school. Bella seemed a little freaked out at first, as if she were hoping he'd never come back.

"What do I say to him?" Bella questioned Hayley as the two walked into the school.

"Confront him like you were going to," Hayley urged. "You can only make it worst at this point."

"Hayley!" Bella exclaimed with a groan.

Hayley quickly put her hands up in a mock surrender. "I'm just speaking the truth!" She said.

Bella sighed. "I'll see you after school," she muttered and walked into her biology class.

Hayley peaked into the biology room to see Edward staring at Bella as she sat down next to him. She smiled slightly when she saw Edward slowly turn towards Bella and begin a conversation. The Kenner girl secretly hoped that Edward wasn't really as much of dick as he made himself out to be since she knew Bella liked him.