10

↓↓

↓↓

"remember my face"

•••

"He's only focused on Bella," Hayley said. "He'll be too distracted, too sloppy to take all of us on."

"All of us?" Emmett questioned, looking at Jasper.

"What? Did you really think I'd just sit this one out?" Hayley asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

Jasper sighed as he looked at his family. "Will you give us a minute?" He asked and they all left the room.

After they were gone, Hayley looked to her boyfriend. "Did you really think I wouldn't fight?" She asked.

"I don't want you getting hurt," Jasper said.

"It's my job to get hurt, Jasper," Hayley told him angrily. "It's my job to protect Bella!"

"And it's my job to protect you!" Jasper yelled. "Don't you get it? You are my life, Hayley."

Hayley walked closer to the vampire and cupped his face. "And you are mine, Jasper," she told him quietly. "But you have to let me do this. It's what I was born to do."

Jasper sighed and placed his forehead against hers. "If you get hur-"

"I heal extremely fast," Hayley assured. "I'll be okay, Jasper."

"I love you, darling," Jasper said.

"And I love you," Hayley told him.

*

When Bella arrived at the Cullen's house, Hayley was quick to bring her into a hug. While Hayley and Jasper were having their moment, Bella was breaking Charlie's heart to protect him.

"Everything's gonna be okay, Bells," Hayley assured.

Bella sniffed and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I know," she said, her voice shaking.

The four walked into the Cullen house, only to run into Laurent and Florence. Edward and Hayley quickly stood in front of Bella, the vampire growling while the dhampir's eyes glowed.

"Wait," Carlisle told them. "He came to warn us about James."

"And what's she doing here?" Hayley asked, looked at Florence.

"She's come for Alice," Carlisle said, his lips slightly upturned.

"This isn't my fight, and I've grown tired of his games, but he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal," Laurent told them. "I've never seen anything like him in my 300 years. And the woman, Victoria. don't underestimate her."

With that, the dark-skinned vampire left the house. Hayley and Edward shared a look before the dhampir sighed.

*