23

↓↓

↓↓

"you have my blessing"

•••

It was a typical Friday night at the Kenner residence. Ellen was in the kitchen making dinner, Jack was in the living room watching TV, and Hayley was over at Bella's house.

A knock on the door interrupted Ellen's concentration, causing her to groan. She quickly wiped her hands off on her apron and walked to the door, preparing to greet whoever was on the other side.

"Jasper," Ellen said with a shocked look. "Hayley's not here right now."

Jasper smiled at the older woman. "That's all right, Ellen," he told her politely. "I actually came here to see you and Jack."

"Um, okay," she said, a confused look on her face. "Follow me."

Ellen lead Jasper to the living room, where Jack was watching TV on the couch. He turned his head when he heard people entering, his face morphing into a look of confusion when he saw Jasper.

"What are you doing here?" Jack asked, standing up.

"I've come to talk to you both," Jasper replied. "It's about Hayley."

"She's not pregnant, is she?" Ellen asked, her eyes narrowing.

Jasper chuckled slightly, knowing it wasn't even possible. "No, ma'am," he replied.

"Then what's this about?" Ellen asked, curious.

Jasper motioned for them to sit down, which they did. He gave them a nervous smile before taking a deep breath and sitting down across from them. "It's no secret that I love Hayley. I have since the moment I laid eyes on her," he started. "For nearly the last 170 years, I have been alone. Always feeling that I would always be alone, until I found Hayley. And now that I've found her, I don't want to let her go."

"What are you getting at?" Jack asked, not understanding.

"I came here to ask you both for your blessing," Jasper answered. "I want to marry Hayley."

"Woah!" Jack exclaimed with wide eyes. "She only 18! She's still in high school. She's so young!"

Ellen rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Jack," she said, turning to him. "Hayley is going to be stuck looking like 17-year-old girl for the rest of her life. She was lucky to find someone she can spend forever with."

"He left her mom," Jack argued.

"He did it to protect Bella, you fool," Ellen snapped. "I know she's you baby sister and all, but she's my little girl. I trust Jasper to keep her safe and happy for the rest of her life."

"And that's exactly what I would do," Jasper said. "Hayley is my life. I love her more than I love myself."

"If you hurt her again, I will break your neck," Jack threatened.

"I won't hurt her ever again," Jasper assured.

"You have my blessing, Jasper," Ellen said with a smile. "I would happy to have you part of our family."

"Thank you, Ellen," Jasper said with a smile, turning to Jack for his answer.

"You have my blessing," Jack told him, a smile on his face.

"Thank you, Jack," Jasper said, standing up to shake his hand.

"Treat her right," Jack said, shaking his hand.

Ellen smiled widely. "Now, show me the ring," she insisted.

Jasper smiled and pulled a small box out of his pocket and opened it. Inside of the box sat a silver ring with three diamonds in the middle of it. "It was my mother's," Jasper explainer.

"Oh, it's beautiful," Ellen cooed, looking at the ring. "She's going to love it."

"I was hoping she would," Jasper said, putting the ring back in his pocket.

The sound of a motorcycle outside caught the attention of the three. It didn't take long before Hayley walked in, her helmet in hand.

"Mom, I'm home," she announced, walking into the living room. "Jasper?"

"Hello," Jasper said with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, walking over to him.

"I asked him to come over for dinner," Ellen answered. "I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not," Hayley smiled, grabbing Jasper's hand.

"Wonderful," Ellen said. "Could you help set the table? The food should be done soon."

"Sure," Hayley said, squeezing Jasper's hand.

The two females walked out of the room, leaving the two men. Jack turned to Jasper with a small smile. "She's lucky to have someone who loves her as much as you do," he said.

"I'm the lucky one," Jasper said.

~

END OF PART 2

(Kinda forgot about Jack, so enjoy this one chapter with him lmao)