38

↓↓

↓↓

"a blessing"

•••

A soft groan escaped Hayley's lips as she opened her eyes. She was laying on the couch in Carlisle's office when Jasper flashed to her side. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Fine," she said, sitting up. "How long was I out?"

"Not that long," Jasper told her, placing his hand on her leg. "Carlisle said you were probably just dehydrated, but he took a blood sample just in case."

"I probably am just dehydrated," she told him, offering a small smile. "Nothing to worry about."

Jasper smiled back, "Should we get back to the wedding? I'm pretty sure Bella and Edward are about to leave."

"We have to say goodbye," she said, standing up.

The two quickly left the room to go find the bride and groom before they let for their honeymoon. When Hayley say Bella saying goodbye to her mother, she quickly walked over to her.

Bella's eyes lit up when she noticed Hayley. "Are you okay? What happened?" She questioned, stepping away from her mom.

"Just dehydrated," Hayley shrugged. "Sorry for freaking you out."

Bella hugged her protector. "I'm just glad I got the chance to say goodbye," she said.

"Me too," Hayley said, pulling out of the embrace. "Have fun on your honeymoon, Bells. I'm going to miss you like crazy."

"I'm going to miss you, too," Bella said.

Edward and Jasper walked over to the two, both smiling at their wives. "You ready?" Edward asked Bella.

The Cullen girl nodded, "I still wish I knew where you're taking me."

Hayley shook her head and chuckled. "What's with you boys and surprises?" She asked.

Jasper draped his arm over Hayley's shoulders and kissed her temple. "Oh, come on. You loved your surprise," he said.

"Yes I did," she said, smiling at her husband.

The two said their goodbyes to the newly married couple as Bella and Edward made their way to the car. They watched and cheered alongside the crowd as they drove away.

*

A few days after the wedding, Jasper and Hayley were sitting outside on the front porch of the Cullen residence together. Since they haven't found a place of their own yet, they were both living in Jasper's room.

They were both enjoying each other's company in silence when Carlisle stepped outside with a serious look on his face. "Can I speak with you two?" He asked.