60

||

||

EPILOGUE

•••

Hayley sat on her front porch, enjoying the warm sunny day. She could hear the kids playing with the dog somewhere in the yard, but was too comfortable to check on them. The sway of the porch swing was almost enough to put her to sleep.

JJ and Mary Ellen were almost ten now. They've both grown into beautiful kids with kind hearts. JJ, who strongly resembled his father, was into soccer. He loved staying active and was always kicking a ball around outside. Mary Ellen, who looked just like her mom, loved art. She was teaching herself to paint, and often used the woods outside for inspiration.

A little over a year after the twins were born, Eli was born. He was the perfect mix of his parents, but acted just like his uncle Emmett. Hayley never thought an 8 year old could cause so much chaos. Eli loved to destroy things. He was very destructive and loud. Jasper signed him up for wrestling, hoping that would help.

After Eli, Jasper and Hayley seriously questioned ever having children again. But, four years later, Claire was born. She was Jasper's baby girl. The perfect angel. Since she was still young, she was constantly hugging on Jasper's legs and following him around like a lost puppy. It makes Hayley jealous sometimes.

Jasper walked out of the house, drying his hands off with a towel. Claire was holding onto his belt loop, following closely behind him. "Dinner's almost ready," he informed his wife.

Hayley gave him a lazy smile and rested her hand on her stomach. "Come sit with me for a moment," she told him.

Jasper picked up Claire and sat next to Hayley, placing his daughter in his lap. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "Are accident 1 and 2 acting up again?"

Hayley laughed and playfully nudged him. "She's accident 1," she said pointing at her youngest daughter. She glared at Jasper, "These are accidents 2 and 3."

Jasper cleared his throat, pressing his lips into a thin line. "There will be no more accidents from here on out," he told her, but Hayley was still glaring. "I apologize, ma'am."

"Daddy's sorry for making you fat, mommy, stop giving him dirty looks," Claire defended her father.

Jasper chuckled at the small girl, noticing it lightened the mood. "Daddy is very sorry for making you fat," he said jokingly to Hayley, pecking her face with kisses.

Hayley shoved him away. "Go get dinner, I'll get the kids," she grumbled. Jasper and Claire were always teaming up against her.

Jasper leaned down to kiss her pregnant belly before placing a kiss on her lips. He threw Claire over his shoulder and stood up, the small girl squealing in surprise. As they went back into the house, Hayley pushed herself off of the swing with a grunt.

She was seven months pregnant with twins, again. Her belly was round and protruded from her body, but she was no where near the size she was with her first pregnancy. She placed a hand on her stomach, feeling the babies kick as she stepped off the porch and into the yard.

"Kids! Dinner!" She yelled, her voice echoing throughout the woods.

Three pairs of footsteps could be heard running towards her. One blonde, one brunette, and one dirty-blonde. Hayley smiled, opening her arms as her kids hugged her.

"Mom, I destroyed an anthill!" Eli told her, bouncing up and down excitedly.

"Oh, I'm so proud," she told her son.

"Woah, the babies are kicking," Mary said, her hand pressed against her mother's stomach.

Hayley smiled. "Cause they're hungry," she said. "To the house! Let's go! We gotta eat!"

"Okay! Geez!" JJ groaned, putting his soccer ball down and walking to the house.

The family sat down around the table and began to eat the meal Jasper prepared. The kids talked about their day and about everything they did.

Jasper grabbed Hayley's hand on the table and laced their fingers together. He smiled at his wife, never expecting his life to turn out this way. He was happy. Truly happy with the girl he loved, and their wonderful family.

Hayley never expected to marry a vampire, or to settle down in Forks. But now, she wouldn't have it any other way. Everything they've been through, everything fought for. They were finally at peace, together.

the end.

_
i hope you've enjoyed reading Darling and witnessing Hayley grow up. this is a bittersweet goodbye. i started writing this when i was 15... now im almost 21. i will miss my twilight writing, but all good things must come to an end.
thank you for reading.