30

↓↓

↓↓

"I am not sassy"

•••

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up," Jessica said, beginning her speech. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president.. Or in my case, a princess."

Hayley chuckled as she looked over at Jasper. The two were dressed in matching gold graduation caps and gowns. He smiled as he wrapped his arm around her.

"When we were ten they asked again," Jessica said, continuing her speech. "We answered, rock star, cowboy. Or in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows?"

The graduates erupted in cheers and applause, and Hayley smiled brightly.

"This isn't time to make hard-and-fast decisions," Jessica continued. "This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So, make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know."

After the speech was over, the students were called onto stage one-by-one to get their diploma. The Cullen's looked bored as they grabbed theirs, having been through the process dozens of times.

When they called Hayley's name, multiple cheers erupted from the crowd. She looked out to see her mom, brother, John, and Nicole all standing on their feet. The clapped and cheered for the girl as she grabbed her diploma and walked off the stage.

*

After the graduation ceremony, all of the newly graduated teens went to the Cullen's house to party. The entire house was decorated with lights, and music played loudly.

"Alice certainly knows how to throw a party," Hayley said, yelling over the music.

"You don't have to yell," Jasper said, chuckling. "And it's her specialty."

"Come on, let's dance," she told him, grabbing his arm.

The two made their way onto the dance floor, laughing and smiling as they danced like they were the only ones in the room. Jasper spun her around and pulled her close, kissing her. Hayley smiled into the kiss as she ran her fingers through his blonde hair.

"Have I mentioned how much I love your long hair?" She asked, still touching it.

"A few times," he said, smirking.

The couple continued dancing until Emmett interrupted them. He had a seriously look on his face, which concerned Hayley. "Family meeting," he told them.

Darling ⇾ Jasper HaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara