Dancing in the Rain

After dinner, Pippa and Lin left the restaurant and thanked the waiter. They walked to a park, which was fairly deserted, and found a bench next to a streetlamp. It was raining, and Lin opened his umbrella and held it over Pippa's head. She smiled. The raindrops hit his head and soon he was drenched. She felt bad, so she handed him the umbrella. Then the rain started pouring harder, soaking Pippa and her dress. She giggled and Lin closed the umbrella, for there wasn't really any use for it now. They were both completely drenched now, and they couldn't stop laughing. Lin looked over at her and couldn't believe her beauty. Her laugh could light up a room, and she was literally a ray of sunshine. A nearby diner started playing a slow song, and Lin stood up. 

"May I have this dance m'lady? He asked, bowing down and reaching out his hand. 

"Why of course kind sir," she giggled. He helped her up, and he placed his hand on her waist. She put her hand on his shoulder and held his other hand. They danced around the park to the music, with the rain drizzling overhead. Pippa's dress looked even more beautiful now, and it puffed out when Lin spun her in and out. It was like something out of a movie. He spun her in, and brought her close. Their lips touched, and they felt like there was no one else in the world. 

"Hey!" called a voice. "You're not supposed to be here!" It was a security guard, shining his flashlight in their faces. "We're closed after ten PM!" Lin and Pippa stopped kissing and giggled, running quickly away down the street holding hands. "Hey! Come back here!" He yelled. But they were gone.

"That was so close!" Pippa said, catching her breath. Her stomach hurt from laughing. Lin walked Pippa back a few blocks to her apartment. They reached her apartment and got to her door. She put the key in the hole and twisted it. Her housecleaner stood inside, packing up his things. 

"All done ma'am." he said. She handed him the check on the counter. "Oh, I found this under your bed," he said, handing her a gold hoop earring. 

"That's not mine," she said slowly, looking up at Lin. 

"You sure?" he asked. She nodded. Had someone been in her house? This was a bad sign. Very bad.