A New Victim

The next day, Lin and Sebastian were over at Pippa's new apartment, and Sebastian was watching a TV show. Pippa pulled Lin into the other room quietly.

"Look," She told him. "I've been meaning to talk to you about the whole hospital incident. I'm pretty sure the GHB overdose wasn't an accident. I mean, when have you ever taken that? It seems a little suspicious don't you think?"

Lin stood in realization. It made sense now. He was at a loss for words. 

"Sorry," Pippa said. "I didn't mean to worry you." She placed her hand on his shoulder.

"No, no it's not that." He reassured her. "I never told you because I didn't want to worry you. But while we were in California I got this text." He showed Pippa his phone and she saw the previous text.

"Or else? What does that mean?" Pippa gulped. Suddenly, Lin got another text from the same number.

Anonymous number: I warned you. Maybe next time you'll be more careful. You wouldn't want your precious Pippa to get hurt.

Pippa slowly backed away from the phone, trembling with fear. Her mouth hung open in shock. 

"No." She said shakily. "I can't. No." Lin ran over to her, stabilizing her before she passed out. 

"Pippa it'll be okay. Nothing will happen to you. I'll protect you, I promise. Your gonna be okay. I'm here." Lin held her close as she rested her head on his shoulder. "You're gonna be alright. I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you."

"It's Steven. I know it. He's coming. He's gonna find me." She panicked quietly. Lin squeezed her tightly.

"If he comes even close to hurting you, he will regret it. I won't let him. Right now, your safe. I've got you. Your ok."