After Party

Pippa didn't want to go to the reception. But Lin had to congratulate his cousin quickly, and then they would leave. He spotted them across the room, and Steven's face turned to panic when he saw the two of them. Meghan walked over and Steve followed.

"Pippa," Steve said fakely. "Good to see you." He gave her a hug, and she felt his familiar hands on her waist, making her squirm. "What are you doing here?" Pippa didn't know what to say. It wasn't like she'd expected him to be the groom.

"Uh..." she started.

"She's my date!" Lin chimed in, giving her a forced and awkward kiss, but it was necessary to impress Steve. Pippa hated to admit that she enjoyed the split second their lips touched more than anytime she'd kissed Steven before. "Meghan's my cousin," he continued. "I didn't know you were the groom! Congratulations!" The two plastered fake smiles on their faces and headed to the back of the reception hall, arms linked.

"That was humiliating," Pippa told Lin, as the music started to play for the bride and groom's first dance. She glared at Steve as he danced with Meghan, smiling at her with his grimy little smile. Pippa was glad she wasn't with a cheater anymore, but for some reason she didn't want him to be happy. At least not with her.

"I'm gonna stop in the bathroom real quick, and then we can leave." Lin reassured Pippa. She waited outside where it was dark and a little chilly. A male figure came around the corner.

"Oh good Lin, I was getting worri-"

"Hi Phillipa." Steven said, towering over where she was leaning against the brick wall of the building. "I need to talk to you. You coming back here, I realized. I still love you. More than Meghan. More than anyone else."

"Steve... wha-" she began. He held firmly onto her shoulders, pushed her up against the wall, and started kissing her. She didn't know what to do. It was like a snake wrapping up it's prey.

"Please stop..." she murmured, panic rising as he trailed hot, angry kisses by her ear and down her neck. But he captured her lips in his before she could continue, his tongue roaming.

He wouldn't stop. He reached down her dress and started fiddling with her bra, until he unlatched it and pulled it off of her. He had complete control over her and she couldn't move.
"Stop!" she yelled, as his hands began exploring her body. Tears now streamed down her cheeks. He pressed a finger to her lips before continuing.

"Shhh, relax sweetheart." he hissed.

She gulped and stifled her wavery cries. She felt so weak. So vulnerable. She wished he'd just leave. The touch of his disgusting hands all over her was sickening. The touch that had once been loving, but now treated her like she was some sort of object to be enjoyed. If only someone were there to help her.

She opened her eyes which were squeezed tight, to see Lin coming around the corner, his eyes widening with terror at the sight before him.

"Oh my god! What the fuck do you think your doing Steven?!" Lin grabbed Steve and yanked him off of her aggressively.

"Fuck off dude. She's not yours." Steven growler. He hit Lin sharply in the jaw, who winced with pain. Pippa wasn't really in the mood for a fight right now.

"Lin, can we please go now." She said, trying to be calm. She knew how dangerous Steve could be. He'd never really hit her before, but there were times, like now, where she felt like he had taken control of her and her body, and she couldn't stop it.

"You're choosing this loser over me Phillipa?" Steve gawked. "He won't treat you right. I will!"

"Is sexually assaulting her your way of treating her right?" Lin screamed at him with disbelief. "C'mon." he said to Pip. "Let's get the fuck out of here."

Lin grabbed Pippa's hand and they ran away quickly, calling a cab. They say in silence on the way to the hotel. Pippa looked out the window at the dark night sky, thinking to herself. She was so thankful that Lin was there. She hated being such a burden, though. Lin probably was annoyed with her for making such a big deal. As soon as they got there, Pippa sat on the bed, curled up on her side and looked the other way.

"What a dick." Lin said, placing his hand on her shoulder gently. "I can't believe you had to deal with that for so long."

"Well, he wasn't always like that." She said softly, turning towards Lin. "He used to be kind. But now, I don't know what's gotten into him. Thanks for saving me tonight. I don't even want to think about what would've happened if you hadn't come at just the right time."

"Yeah, me neither." Lin said, putting his arm around her. "Is that something that... he did a lot?"

She hesitated, not wanting to answer.

"Pip!" he realized. "That's really not okay. At all."

"I... I know." she whispered. "I'm used to it though."

"You shouldn't be. That's really horrible." Lin frowned, feeling like he'd been punched in the heart.

"Yeah, well... I hope he's happy with Meghan I guess."

"Yeah. Poor her." Lin murmured.

They sat in silence for a moment.

"I'm sorry Lin. It looked like he hit you really hard, and I-" she began.

Lin's eyes widened. "Pippa, I hope you don't think this is your fault!" he exclaimed.

"But it is!" she protested. "If I hadn't... he wouldn't..."

"Shhh. Pip. It is not your fault, alright? He's just an asshole. You shouldn't apologize. You're the one who deserves an apology."

She nodded, however, not believing him.

"Thank you again." she said. "You're a lifesaver."

"Anytime." he gazed at her. "How have you gone through so much shit, and still manage to look so beautiful?" He was right. Even though she had been crying, her face still rang of beauty. Lin couldn't stop smiling at her. She smiled back. It felt as if a magnetic force was pulling the two together, and soon enough their lips had touched. Pippa felt safe with him. Much safer than she had felt with Steve. She rolled on top of him, and they continued to kiss. Soon things started getting heated. Lin passionately kissed his way down Pippa's body. One thing lead to another, and soon Lin reached over and flicked off the light.