Reaquainted

About a week went by, and Pippa and Lin were happier and more in love than ever. They went on dates every day, and they felt like they were living in a fairytale. If the prince had a ponytail. They were finally happy. No conflict, no villains, just love. They were sitting in Pippa's dressing room, and Pippa was sitting next to Lin as he tried to do her makeup. 

"Is this the blush?" He asked, holding up her tube of mascara. 

"Close enough," she laughed.

"I give up. I suck at this." He said, putting the makeup back in her bag.

"Hey, A for effort," she laughed. He chuckled. 

"I gotta do a quick photo shoot though. I'm pretty proud of my work." He said. Pippa thought she looked like a clown, but let him do it because it was cute how proud he was. 

"Say cheese!" He exclaimed, holding up his phone to take a selfie. "RING RING!" Lin's phone got a call. "Let me take this," he said. He left the room.

"Mr. Miranda?" A voice on the other end asked. "We have a man here who is requesting a visit from you and your girlfriend, Phillipa Soo?"

"Who?" Lin replied. 

"Okieriete Onaodowan." The man said. "Would you be able to come tomorrow afternoon?"

"Yeah, I think so." Lin said. He hung up and came back into Pippa's room. "Oak wants to meet with us. I said yes, but if you don't want to I understan-"

"Ok." She said softly. "I'll come." 

"You sure?" Lin asked. 

"Yea." She replied. "I'm sure."

Pippa knew it would be hard to talk to someone who's threatened her, but she needed to face her past before she could blossom.

The next day, Pippa and Lin stood outside the prison. Her hand was cold and Lin could feel the fear running through her veins. "You can do this," He whispered. The guard came and opened the door for them.

"He's waiting inside." he said. 

Oak was sitting in an orange jumpsuit, looking distressed. He looked so different from the same, goofy face they used to see every day at Hamilton. They could never look at him the same way again. 

"Hey Oak," Pippa said quietly, terrified. 

He turned to see them. He looked tired. 

"Hi you guys. I really need to speak to you."

"About?" Lin said, his hand around Pippa's waist, bringing her a sense of comfort. 

"I was framed." He confessed.

"How could you be framed?" Lin asked, puzzled. 

"I didn't do it. I don't know how to get you to believe me, but it wasn't me."

"B-but we have the proof. " Pippa reminded him.

"My clock was set backwards. It's never been slow until that day. Someone had to have messed with it." Lin and Pippa didn't know what to believe at this point.

"How come you didn't answer when we called? It seemed like you were hiding something." Lin said.

"My Grandma died earlier that day after the show. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but it's the truth, I'm telling you." 

The security guard came in. "Time's up," he said. 

"You have to believe me." Oak begged. The guard escorted him out of the room. 

"I don't know what to believe," Pippa said, after he'd left. "He seems genuine, but he could be blatantly lying. I thought we had this all figured out."

"It'll be ok." Lin said. "It's not like any events have happened since Oak was arrested. Of course he's trying to defend himself." Pippa saw his point. They were escorted back to their car, and drove home, more confused than ever.