A Not So Brilliant Plan

"One pretzel please." Pippa said to the woman at the stand, who handed her one and her change in coins.

"Thanks," Pippa said, and started walking through Central Park, searching for her husband at his "work lunch". She walked along the snow filled paved path, the same path that her and Steven had walked down just yesterday morning, whens things were so much different.

As she walked through the park, her eyes burned with jealousy. Couples happily picnicking,
holding hands, playing with they're kids. "I bet none of their husbands cheated," She sighed, munching on her pretzel.

Then she saw it. Steven. And a blonde woman, who must've been Meghan. She looked really young, maybe twenty four or five. Pippa was finding a hard time breathing, and heart heart was racing inside her head. Steven put his arms around her waist, and they kissed. More like made out, actually. Pippa stood in disgust, and as much as she wanted to run, she was in too much awe to look away. Her heart panged with envy. Why didn't Steven look that happy when he kissed her?

When they were finally done, Pippa, in her winter coat with her pretzel, tears streaming down her face. She realized she had to leave before Steven saw her. She started running all the way home, and never once looked back. She couldn't believe it. It was true, he was cheating on her.

"Why wasn't I enough for him?" She thought as she ran. "This is all my fault. I'm a terrible wife. I don't deserve him, he deserves someone better, like Meghan." She ran across the street. "I never should've-"

BAM! A car sped by, hitting Pippa.