Blackout

For the next few days, Pippa was paranoid everywhere she went. She stayed close to Lin's side at the theatre for the most part, and was starting to forget that text was ever sent. It was Sunday, two show day, and the cast was on stage running through songs before the matinee. They were running Helpless, which was always fun with the turntables. She had a new love for this number since her and Lin started seeing each other. Falling in love with him all over again every day and twice on Sundays was her new favorite thing. 

"Ok everyone, let's take it from the top one more time!" Andy called. They got into position and ran the number. At the end, Pippa and Lin were face to face, about to kiss. She looked into his eyes, and just went she was about to kiss him- "click!" the power went out. 

"Stay calm! Everything's under control!" Andy reassured everyone. Everyone started talking among themselves. "What's happening?" a scared voice asked. "I can't see!" another complained. The turntable was still going, and Pippa felt dizzy, like she was in a dream that she couldn't wake up from. Suddenly, she felt someone push her.

"CRASH." a cymbal sounded, and something fell. All at once the power turned back on.

"Sorry for the inconvenience folks," said Andy. "It's all figured out now." Everyone stood up and dusted themselves off.

"Hey, where's Pippa?" Lin asked. He heard a groan from the band pit. "Oh my god!" He ran down to see Pippa, surrounded by a fallen drum set, on the floor. Lin ran to her. "Can you get up?" She tried but shook her head when she did. Lin picked her up, and saw she was bleeding on leg, and was covered with bruises. She was silently crying in pain, but didn't want to show it. They came back to the dressing room, where they gave her multiple ice packs and bandaids. 

"Your lucky you're not more injured," Jonathan said. "You took a pretty rough fall. You could have really hurt yourself." Pippa lay on Lin's lap as he stroked her hair, that had been messed up from the fall. Jazzy squeezed her hand in concern.

"How did you even fall?" Oak asked. 

"I think somebody pushed me? I don't really know it all happened so fast."

"I'm glad you're okay, that was a close one," Chris said. But Pippa wasn't okay. She might not have broken any bones, but there was someone out for her and Lin. He peered down at her giving her a look. He knew it too.