A Tragic Loss

TW: shooting

A few weeks later, Pippa was staying at Renee's house. Her arm had almost completely healed, and she was performing in shows. Things were starting to feel normal again.

"Turn it up, I love this show!" Said Lin. Pippa was applying makeup to prepare for the show, and the guys were watching friends on the TV backstage. 

"Hey Pips!" Jasmine said, sitting beside her. "How's it going?"

"Hey Jazzy," She replied. "I'm okay. Picking the rest of my stuff up from Steve's tomorrow." By now, the new had gotten out about Steven's affair. It was no longer a secret, and the cast was checking in on Pippa every once in a while to see how she was holding up. 

All the sudden, the news came on over Friends. A middle aged news reporter in a white winter coat stood in the city with flashing sirens and ambulances behind her.

"Breaking news! A shooting has occurred. Seven people killed and ten injured. People killed consist of Michael Connor, Rebecca Jackson, Nadine Albertson, Harper Green, Alexander Swenson, Amelia Fisher, and Vanessa Nadal."

Lin didn't move. He stood frozen, unmoving. The rest of the cast huddled around him, and Anthony gestured for them to back up and give him a moment. Lin's phone that lay in his motionless hand started to ring. He looked like a ghost that had gotten the life sucked out of him.He answered it, tears in his eyes now. He listened for a moment, then replied. "I'll be right there." He stood up and left the room. 

The cast was silent for the rest of the day. Lin's understudy went on for the show, and everyone went along with their daily routine, though their hearts weren't in it. As soon as the show was over, Pippa rushed backstage to call Lin. No answer. She knew she needed to give him space to breathe, but she was concerned for him. A moment later she received a text. It was Lin! 

Lin: Could you maybe come help me with Sebastian for the night? I'm still processing and I'm not sure I'm in a place to fully look after him right now. 

Pippa: Of course! Anything to help out.