A Failed Confrontation

"Beep! Beep!" The alarm on Lin's watch went off. It was six-thirty am. 

"Good morning Pipsters." Lin whispered, giving her a kiss. Pippa smiled at Lin, but she had a knot in her stomach. She didn't want to confront Oak. She rolled out of the couch and borrowed clothes. She freshened up and they were soon ready to go. 

When they got to the theatre, Pippa peeked into Oak's dressing room. 

"Hey," She said. "Can Lin and I talk to you about something real quick?" He looked up from his phone.

"Sure," he responded, standing up as they walked over to Lin's room. "What's up?"

"You're gonna need to sit down for this." Lin said. Oak sat down in a nearby chair.  Pippa squeezed Lin's hand in fear. "Now I need you to be really honest with us." Oak looked confused.

"Ok? I'm confused, did I do something?"  

"We know what you did." Pippa said quietly. "We have all the proof." 

"I don't know what your talking ab-" 

Suddenly, they heard an announcement on the speaker. "Five minutes till curtain!"

"Look, I gotta go. I'm really confused. Call me later and we can talk, okay?" He left to his dressing room. 

"Well that went well." Pippa said sarcastically. 

"It's okay," Lin reassured her. "We'll talk to him later and figure this whole thing out. We have the proof. If he's not gonna admit it, we may have to get the police involved."