Evidence is Key

The show was coming close to an end. Groff sat backstage with Pippa, who was still shaking. She was so terrified. She wanted Lin here, but he was onstage. As soon as she heard the final notes of the last song, she was alert. Lin ran into the room and embraced her. He opened the cabinet and pulled out some alcohol to put on her wounds. She looked like she had been cut with a razor or something of some sort. She winced as he cleaned out the cut on her collarbone. She winced in pain, but knew it would make her feel better. Her wounds were fresh and deep, and someone had really tried to hurt her. This broke Lin's heart.

"How are you doing Pips?" he asked, stroking her hair. It was messed up quite a bit. It looked as though she had been dragged down the stairs aggressively while she was unconscious.

"Well, someone tried to kill me, but other than that, I'm great." she said sarcastically. Her voice was weak and scratchy, not it's usual bright tone. 

"I'm so glad your okay," Lin said, sighing a sigh of relief. "I've never been so worried in my life." 

"I love you Lin," Pippa said quietly. Lin turned around and smiled at her. 

"I love you too Pips." He gave her a gentle kiss.

"I just wish I knew who it was," she said. "It could be anyone.

"You didn't happen to see their face? Or anything?" Jonathan asked. She shook her head.

"No. They just hit me in the head with something really hard and I blacked out. And next thing I knew I was tied up." 

"So what I'm hearing is we have no evidence whatsoever?" Anthony asked. They stood silent.

"Oh!" Thayne said, remembering. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a golf hoop earring.

"What's that?" Jonathan asked.

"I found it on the floor next to her chair." he said.

Thayne handed Pippa the earring. It smelled strongly of a peculiar scent. "Holy shit." Pippa said. "I know exactly who it is."