Where Do We Go From Here

"He was being honest," Lin said, holding his head, which weighed him down with unanswered questions. "He's in prison, and he was being honest." Pippa felt light-headed. She felt more guilty than she'd ever felt in her entire life. An innocent man, her friend, was in jail because of her false accusation. She felt sick. She wanted to puke. But at the same time, she hadn't eaten all day from the nerves, and her stomach was hollow and empty. And even worse, there was still someone sending death threats to her and Lin if they didn't break up. She couldn't break up with him. Lin was her rock. It was like he saw her falling down a cliff, about to hit the very bottom, but just in time, he threw down a rope and was able to raise her up again.  Why would someone want them to break up? Why couldn't she just be happy for once in her life without something getting in the way? She knew she couldn't get everything she wanted, but this was just unfair. 

"Hey," Lin said, brushing her hair out of her face to see that she was sobbing yet again. This time not out of fear, or envy, and sadness. Out of guilt. This was all her fault. None of this would've happen if it weren't for her screwing up again, as she managed to do in every situation. Lin tucked her tear-sopped hair and tucked it behind her ear, lifting up her chin and wiping her tears with his finger. "It's gonna be just fine. We can figure this out together." Although she knew he was just saying that to make her feel better, and that he was just as scared as she was but just didn't want to show it, she appreciated his efforts to always make her feel safe, even in the darkest situations. "I'm gonna get ready to go run My Shot real quick before the show starts. Are you gonna be okay?" She nodded, though her heart was saying no. "I love you," Lin said, heading out of the room. She loved him too.

She stood up and looked in the mirror, grabbing a tissue and trying to dry her face. But it was like trying to dry a river. There was no hope. She looked at herself, and was disgusted. Why did she have to ruin everything. Nobody wanted her there. She had to leave. She didn't want to keep ruining everyone's lives. She blew her nose.

Suddenly, a bag was pulled over her head. Then she blacked out.