Catch Me

When I woke up, the pain had slightly gone away. I was able to sit up slowly, but heavy breathing still hurt like hell. I forced myself to sleep right after Cameron left out of fear that she had heard, but luckily she didn't. I sat up and took the pills sitting on my dresser. Numbness suddenly came across my entire chest. I looked at my phone and opened my message from Cameron:

"Be there in an hour, tell me if you want me to come over and help you first though :)"

I hadn't really thought about how I felt about him now. I mean he had been my best friend since first grade and I've known I had deeper feelings for him since the 5th grade. His words in the bathroom had cut me deep. The first day of first grade, September 4th, he told me to call him Cam because people only liked to use his full name when they were mad at him. I felt a tear come to my eye just thinking about it.

"Nash!", she said opening my door. "Did you take your pill" "Yeah", I said softly, scared of what would come next. "Well did it work, can you get around" "Not really, theres still a lot of pain"

"Ok good enough, ill be back tonight at 1 or 2 and I want this place spotless, or no food this week", she said giving me a devilish glare. The tears finally came pouring out as she slammed the door closed and headed down the stairs.

Why me?

***

"Nash!?", Cameron yelled from downstairs. "Im in my room", I yelled back. He walked upstairs and into my room carrying 2 McDonald's bags. "Figured I'd just bring the breakfast to you", he said with a cute smirk, sitting on my bed. An awkward silence came across the room, and I felt tempted to confront him on what happened. I couldn't just let him off that easy, "he's the reason I can barely move!", I thought.

"Hey I'm really sorry about yesterday Nash, i don't know why I punched you, and I'm so so so sorry about it! I mean I didn't know I was that strong", he said chuckling. Was he really joking around right now!? What the fuck?

"Well you didn't Cameron, I don't know if you knew this, but your little group of friends came and jumped me right after you left! JC, and Mike, and Gilinsky, they all came in and jumped me, and even worse, I had been getting it all morning since the moment I walked in that school! So don't give me that "im sorry" crap Cameron!", I said feeling my anger beginning to boil.

"You know, you don't have to keep calling me Cameron", he said sternly. Was that really all he took from this!?

"Well I think I'm starting like it better", I replied.

"Why are you so mad at me Nash!? I said I'm sorry! I didn't know those other boys would come to mess with you! It's not my fault!"

"I'm mad because we've been friends since 1st grade and you just started treating me like shit! You're my, or were, my best fucking friend, you were supposed to defend me after what happened, you were supposed to at least reply to my messages, you were supposed to visit me in the hospital when you thought it was your fault I was in there! Do you know how that feels Cameron, how it feels to think someone you're in love with hates your fucking guts", I screamed out before covering my mouth. Damn, I just said that didn't I.

"You're what?", he said softly, shocked.

Shit!