Stone Cold

Nash POV

"Nash sweetie, who is this", a sweet voice said from behind me. It was Her. I ripped my lips off of Shawns and backed up against the wall, expecting a punch to the lip. "You okay sweetie?", She asked, walking over and rubbing my shoulder. "It's ok, he does this sometimes, let me just talk to him for a sec.", She said to Shawn. "It's ok Mrs. Grier, i'll just go, See you tomorrow Nash", he said and my heart began to pound, I wanted to scream for him to never leave me, to stay here, even though I'd just met him today. I knew with him here she wouldn't be so abusive. She refused to let anyone know what went on in our home and, for what I thought was my own good, I did too. "Nice to meet you", Shawn said finally exiting the room. She just waived at him. I knew it was coming, this was the end. I looked up at her and flinched, expecting something severe.

"Nash, you know how I feel about you bringing home people without my permission don't you?" I nodded yes. "Well why do you continue to do it? Please respect my words, that's all I want", she said smiling, rustling my hair and walking away. "Dinner's at 5!", she added as she closed my door and left. Confused was an understatement.

------------------------

"Nash! Nash", I heard a voice call out from my window, as I laid on the floor. I knew something was wrong and I refused to sleep or even touch her new bed so I got my old tattered sheets, that were now well primped and folded up in the back of my closet, away from all my "new" clothes, and I lied on the floor. I walked over to the window, to see Cameron standing near his car. "Can I come in, or should I climb?" "You should go home.", I thought. "Climb", I whisper yelled. What was I doing?

"Why couldn't I just come through the front door?", Cameron asked as I helped pull him through the window. "My mom, she's just really upset and doesn't want any guests right now", I lied. "What did you want", I said trying to speed this whole thing up. "I just thought we could, you know, hang out. Its been almost a year.", he said almost pleadingly moving in close to me. "I'd love to hang out Cam you know, but my mom, she's like really upset, I don't wanna get caught with you here..." "What's she gonna do, punch you in the face or something?", he laughed, but little did he know, that was the least of my worries.

"Can we just hang out tomorrow please, after school?", I begged. "Ugh, ok, you're no fun", he whispered pushing away from me. "Ill be waiting for you after school", he said slow and sexy, running his hand down my chest. "Um, maybe uh, you can stay for just a little bit." I blurted out & immediately regretted. He smiled and moved back in close to me.

"What about your mom", he asked softly, rubbing my chest again. "I-uh". He chuckled. "You know we never got to finish what we've started.", he said backing me up onto the bed. "It's been almost a whole year now, i'm kinda, I guess you could say, deprived." I fell on the bed sitting down, and he kept getting closer until I was lying on my back. "I missed you", he said, kissing my neck. I knew it was wrong, that I should've just stopped in the moment, but I couldn't. This bed was fresh, and more importantly, hers, and if lying in it might cause consequences, I couldn't even imagine what she'd do if she caught me having sex with another guy in it.

"Cam", I said pushing him up off of me. "Tomorrow, morning, first thing, just not now", I pleaded. "Ugh ok Nash, ill see you tomorrow", as he slid his index finger down my chest, and stood up. I hated that things could never go my way.

-------------------

"Nash sweetie, breakfast is ready, come and get it before it gets cold!", She yelled from the kitchen. I woke up in the middle of the enormous bed under a blue comforter and quilt. I jumped up, remembering that I had went to sleep on the floor. She must've carried me onto it in the middle of the night.

"What was she up to?", I thought and tried to come up with possible outcomes as I walked down the stairs. "Eat up baby, you don't wanna be late for school. Im taking a business trip this week too Nash so I wont be back until next Tuesday. The fridge is full, and the car keys are on the shelf. Go to school!", she chuckled. "I'll see you next week sweetie, I love you", she added kissing my forehead before running out the door with a suitcase.

"What the fuck is happening!", I thought. Countless situations started to race in my mind about what she could possibly be doing, but suddenly a feeling took over me...

Nostalgia, the kiss, the endless pet names, the fresh cooked breakfast, the love. It took over me and suddenly I found myself bawling uncontrollably until the almost empty plate in front of me was covered in tears.

-----------------

That day I decided to stay home. 1 day out of the year wouldn't be enough for them to call her and I definitely wasn't in the mood to deal with anything school related. In actuality, I thought, everything was becoming great, I had two boys chasing after me, a normal mother, and my bullies were determined to become my best friends along with Jack who was now back in my life. But it was fake, it was all fake, everything everyone was saying was FAKE, and the worst part was that I couldn't even tell what was really happening. When would my mom decide to end this game of being nice to me and go back to her torture, what if the girls just went for JCs attempts one day and he no longer needed his plan to get to them through Shawn and through me, when would he go back to making sure every part of my life was a living hell? Thoughts raced faster and faster in my mind all day as I continuously smashed my crying eyes into the couch throw pillow. Maybe I should've gone to school, I thought, at least its easier to hide your feelings there.

And then the doorbell rang. "Hey Nash, it's me!"