Bad Blood

Ninth Grade

*2 years earlier*

"Nash, wake up!", his mom yelled slamming open the door. "School starts today"

Nash was surprised and kind of terrified. It was the first time his mom had spoken to him since he'd come out to her at the end of eighth grade a few months ago. "She didn't take it very well" was an understatement. She declared her hate for him the second he uttered the words, and told him that she could never have a child like that being her son.

He continued thinking about that horrific day, not realizing he was already late to wake up. Soon she was back. "Nash sweetie, breakfast is downstairs for you. You don't wanna be late!", she explained in a sweet voice, only scaring Nash even more. Where did that mood change come from?

Nash walked downstairs to see his mom hard at work on the couch, watching Judge Judy. "You better eat that boy, it's all you're gonna get from me for the day", she said not even glancing his way. He looked down at the plate on the table. It consisted of a piece of bacon, and half an apple. He wiped the tears from his eyes, ate the "meal", and ran out the door.

Nash's POV

I walked into the school with my hoodie on and head hung low, but it was no use, everyone still noticed me. "Hey look, it's the fag", former friends said, slamming me into lockers and sending unexpected punches into my stomach. I ran straight to the bathroom instead of class, I just needed a place to cry.

When I opened the door with blurry, teary eyes, a figure stood there in front of me. He was shorter than me, and I could make out brown hair. I wiped my eyes to see Cameron standing there fixing his hair in the mirror. Me and Cameron were best friends since 1st grade, but he had stopped replying to any of my messages or calls after the end of eighth grade, and now here he was, right in front of me. "Hi Cam", I said softly. He turned my way and for a second I could've sworn I'd seen a sparkle in his eye, that he would be different, but it all went away as quick as it came. "Don't call me Cam anymore you stupid fag", he said walking my way. He made sure to punch me in the stomach as hard as he could before opening the door and walking out. I fell to the ground in intense pain, clenching my stomach. The strange thing was, though... His words were really what hurt the most.

After about 10 minutes of being in pain on the floor, the bathroom door opened again, and this time a group of 3 guys walked in. JC, Gilinsky, & Mike. I looked up at them as they walked around my body, one on each side. "So we heard you like when boys touch you don't you", JC said with a small chuckle. "How's this", he said swinging his leg back and kicking me in between my legs. I screamed out in pain before Mike got down and covered my mouth, and Gilinsky grabbed my arms and pulled them behind my back. JC walked over to the middle and began kicking and stomping me in the stomach, cursing me each time. "You like this don't you! You like boys touching you huh", he said getting down and punching me in the stomach.

I wanted so badly to get up and fight back but I was still in pain from the entire day and dizzy from his kick. Pain spread throughout my entire body and as I tried to move my legs up to get into the fetal position, Gilinsky grabbed them and pulled them back, leaving my chest and stomach vulnerable. Tears flooded down my face

After he had had enough, JC and the boys got up and walked towards the door. He looked back though, and with a face full of disgust, came over to me and spit on my face. They all laughed and left the bathroom. I could feel myself beginning to drift when the bathroom door slammed opened again. I slowly looked up to see Jack Johnson running over to me and getting down on his knees in front of me. "Nash are you ok!?", he yelled, and then everything went black.