Bite

Shawn POV

"Ok, its now or never Shawn, you can do this. Just walk over and say hi!"

I carried my self over to him, tapping his shoulder. "Hey", Nash said turning around. We were face to face now and I was terrified. I didn't think he could tell how nervous I was, or at least I hoped he couldn't, but he probably could. "Something you wanna say?", he said. Damn it, he could.

"Yeah bro um, you uh... Do you uh. Do you need a ride home, uh bro? I- you know, a car and" damn it, why did I say bro so much, I hated that word. "Sure, thanks"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH"

"I usually walk home or sometimes i'll take the bus, it's a pretty long ride, but I like the sights along the way to other peoples houses, makes for great pictures.", he explained, pulling out a light blue polaroid camera from his bag. "Its kinda sad but funny, I only have 1 sheet of film left for it, I cant afford any more right now, so Im waiting for the perfect thing to take a picture of so its worth it", he added.

He was so cute. I suddenly found myself staring at him more than I was listening to him. "Do you?", he asked, jerking me from my thoughts. "Huh?" "Do you like photography?", he asked as we exited the school building. "Uh yeah, it's cool", I replied. "Cool? It's everything, you know?". He continued on about how great it was until we reached my car, it was so cute that he was passionate about something.

"Woah, this is your car?", he asked pointing at the 8 seat escalade in front of us. "Yeah, My dad basically won a Ferrari in a competition and this was the family's car before that so he let me have it for my birthday. "Must be nice", I heard him mumble under his breath. I wonder what that was about?

Suddenly Nash was quiet throughout the drive. This was the most quiet I'd seen him since lunch that day. "So have you seen anything worthy of that picture yet", I asked, lowkey hoping that it was me. "No", he simply replied. It was like a totally different person was here. "Are you okay?", I asked. "Yeah, I guess", what did I say wrong???

"End of the block", he said monotonously as we turned down his street. As we pulled up to the door, he unbuckled the seatbelt, got out and walked over to my window. "Thanks for the ride, I'll see you tomorrow I guess", he said and walked away. What had I done, I ruined everything.

"You're not gonna give me the grand tour?", I yelled out my window as he opened his door. I saw a small subtle smile spread across his face and he waved his hand for me to come. I parked the car as quick as I could, hopped out and ran up to the door. "Hey MTV, this is my crib", he said opening the door and letting me in first. It was super clean, like they hired professionals everyday, and nothing was a spic out of place. The kitchen table was filled with fruits and the fridge bulged over with food, it was like a piece of heaven. "Wow, this house is amazing", I said. "Where's your room" I looked over at Nash who kinda looked traumatized, but quickly snapped out of it and started up the stairs. What he led me to was way beyond belief. From the outside, the house looked like a trainwreck, but inside it was great. Nash's room was complete with a huge Queen size bed, flatscreen tv, A macbook pro & more things shaping up to Nash's great middle class life. Why did he get mad though when he saw my car? He's doing just as well? And why did he continue to look traumatized as he sat down softly on the bed.

"Nash what's wrong?", I said hopping on the bed making him jump up. "Don't do that! Get up, you gotta get up now!" What? I stood up and walked over to him, putting my hand on his shoulder. He was hyperventilating. "Don't touch anything! Please!! Oh my gosh, oh my goshhhhhh" He just kept crying.

Suddenly I didn't know what I was doing, all I knew was that I wanted to calm him down, and it was the only way I knew how. When I opened my eyes, my lips we're on his lips and my hands on his cheeks, and he was calm, and his lips were sweet and warm, and his mom stared at us from the door with adoring, approving eyes. It was truly a beautiful scene, and nothing could ruin it.