Gold Coins

I woke up to the sound of my door being slammed open as usual. "Nash!", she screamed. "Who helped you clean the house yesterday!?" "What?" "It's spotless, and I know your useless ass couldn't do it alone, who helped you!?", she said in an evil tone as she walked towards my bed. "Jack, he insisted, he barely did anything though, he just washed the dishes, I did the entire house mom I swear", I lied to her. "Mrs. Grier to you! You stopped being my son as soon as you decided to become one of those", she said slapping me in the face. The pain in my chest had come back pretty heavy that morning, I could barely move to defend myself. "Wanna see your friends, walk to their houses! DONT BRING THEM IN MY HOUSE", she yelled picking a trophy off my dresser and rushing over to me, pointing the sharp end at my neck. My blood began to rush, was this it? Was she gonna kill me? Is this what I wanted?

"Do it!", I said softly as she walked away from me. "What?", she replied. "Just do it! Kill me! If you hate me so much just kill me! You won't have a horrible gay son, and your life will be way better right? Just do it!"

A look of sadness mixed with anger wiped across her face, but she quickly shook it away and opened the door. "I don't want any of your little shit friends in my house alright.", she said softly, her breath hitching. She slammed the door again.

***

"Nash!", I heard a voice yell from outside. My mom had left for work earlier, and I managed to get back to sleep after taking more pills. I slowly got up and made my way to the window, hunched over to avoid more pain. Cameron stood outside by the curb with his hands up. "Wanna take a drive?", he yelled up to me, opening the door of his car. "I'll come up and help you, throw me your key!", he said. I threw him the key and walked back over to my bed.