24🔥

"You're up early." Yami got out of the bed after he let out a yawn and stepped towards you.

"...Yes."

It was not that you woke up early; the reason for you already being out of bed in this early hour when the sun was just beginning to rise, was because you hadn't be able to get even a little wink of sleep.

"What's wrong? You don't look too good." Yami rubbed your arms and began to gently massage your shoulders.

"I couldn't sleep..."

The squad captain turned you around, so you were now facing him; wich made you notice that he had a worried expression on his face.

He scanned your face for a few seconds before there was a deep frown on his forehead visible.

"You look pale. Are you feeling sick?"

It was silent in the room.

"(Y/N)? Are you all right?" Yami's worried expression on his face got even more intense than before.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just couldn't get enough sleep that's all. But it's not something serious, so don't worry."

You wanted to walk past him and exit the room but your movements were restrained when you suddenly felt a hand grab your arm.

Shortly after, you got swept off your feet and before you realised it, you were inside the bed again, with the blanket pulled all the way up to your chin.

Yami was slightly bent over you.

His eyes were staring deep into yours and then you could hear his low voice again.

"You should get some sleep. It'll be good for you right now."

The way he looked at you; and mostly when you saw the spark of worry in his eyes; that was one thing you were weak against.

Since you couldn't talk back, you gave in and closed your eyes in response.

You were just laying there with your eyes closed but even after an hour, you still weren't feeling sleepy at all.

- 3rd POV -

At the beginning, Yami had left the room and went somewhere.

To be more precise, it was the living room.

But since it was still early, of course he didn't expect anyone to be awake yet.

The man settled down onto the couch.

Since there was nothing to do for Yami, he wanted to go out but it was not possible for him to do so, since all the doors were locked.

And so he walked back to the living room.

But for some reason, he couldn't stay there at this place any longer and that was when he decided to go back to the room he had been sleeping in.

The woman had fallen asleep without noticing it herself.

When he once again saw (Y/N) on the bed, he stepped toward her and looked at her sleeping face.

A smile escaped his lips as he continued to stare at her peaceful face.

He brushed a few strands of hair off her face and rested his hand on her soft hair.

Then Yami laid down on the bed next to her, wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her small body closer to him.

With her in his arms, he felt relaxed and he fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

- 3rd POV end -

As you opened your eyes, the first thing you saw was Yami's face.

Even though you had only woken up now, you didn't feel refreshed at all.

You were still dead tired and for some reason, you felt very exhausted and somehow, you also felt strange.

You couldn't say why you felt like this or what the cause was though.

It looked like you didn't get much sleep but you also couldn't fall asleep again.

Also, your body didn't really do what you wanted it to do.

"What's wrong with me?" you questioned as you struggled to get your body moving.

But it didn't help at all and in the end, you were laying there without being able to move nor fall asleep.

You stayed in this state for a very long time without knowing for how long exactly but it felt like hours.

Yami woke up after these hours and when he opened his eyes, he immediately looked at your face because you laid right in front of him.

"Is something the matter?" Yami asked when he saw your troubled expression.

That was when you let out a sigh and after this short sigh, you told him everything.

"So that's why you don't look too great..." he mumbled and began to gently run his fingers through your hair.

"Can you move now?"

As you tried, you gave him a light nod when you could slowly but surely move your body now at this moment.

"I think I'll be able to move completely after a few minutes."

Slowly but surely, all your senses of feelings returned to you and just like you predicted, you could move normally again and so you stood up and stretched as if nothing happened at all.

Yami ruffled your hair and said, "We should get you checked by Owen."

You just nodded and changed the subject, "You still need a new sword."

A stare from Yami made you add something to your sentence.

"And I still have to tell them that we're dating."

A satisfied nod came from Yami and so you two walked to the living room, where you faced your parents who sat on the couch.

"Good morning mom, dad."

"Good morning. Were you able to sleep well?" you mom asked as Yami and you sat on the other couch.

"Yeah, I had a good night's sleep."

Of course that was a lie. You didn't want to make them worry, that's why you lied.

"Mom, dad, there's something I have to tell you.", you started, which got the attention of your parents, "Yami and I are dating."

It was silent for a split seconds.

Then, your parents looked at each other with surprised looks on their faces but those expressions quickly ceased and brightened seconds later.

"It was time for you to finally find yourself a man. Actually, we were worried that you might not be able to find someone because we made you help out in our bar everyday so we're really happy that you're now dating someone."

Just like yesterday, your parents bowed to Yami and said in sync, "Please take care of our daughter."

Yami had a serious expression on his face as he also bowed and said, "I'll always care for her and protect her in case something might happen to her... Even though she's stronger than me..."

His last sentence cracked a smile on your face and you said, "But you have been caring for me ever since we met."

Yami's big hand wrapped around yours and you gently squeezed it in wich he also responded with a tiny squeeze.

"Now... since you have your day off, how about you come and visit our base?" you suggested as it suddenly came into your mind.

"Is it all right if we come over?"

"Yeah no worries, my crewmates are a bit strange; in a good kind of way."

So since there was mo problem, your parents

"Well then, let's go."

And so, you four made your way to the base of the Black Bulls.