23🔥

At the city, you looked for a shop that sold swords.

At the first one that you saw and caught your eye, you stopped and Yami also came to a halt.

You pointed your finger to it and said, "Let's go in there."

Yami didn't disagree, so you moved towards it and entered.

As you were looking at the different weapons, the owner came from a different room into the one you were in and so you turned to face him.

"Good afternoon! How can I-"

On the sound of the voice, you peaked up a bit and your eyes widened by the sight of the man in front of you.

"Is this for real? But this can't be..." you whispered more to yourself as you slowly stepped backwards in disbelief.

But you got stopped by colliding with Yami.
Yami held you on your shoulders and asked you what was wrong, but you couldn't hear him.

You were too much in shock.

"... (Y/N)?... Is this you?"

When you heard him saying your name with this voice of his, you broke out into tears.

Your knees were giving in and you fell down to the floor.

When the man saw that, he quickly went up to you.

He gave you a big, tight hug and tears were also escaping his eyes.

You hugged him back.

Then you heard a voice that was also very familiar to you from the other room, calling, "Hey honey, what's the matter? What's with all this noise. Are you crying?"

A woman appeared from behind the door.
For a few seconds, she was standing there as if she had turned into stone the moment her eyes laid on you.

With quick steps, she also came to you and just like the man, she pulled you into a hug, right after your father had let go of you.

"But how? How come I heard that you two were dead? Where were you all the time?"
Your eyes were a little widened because your mind still couldn't really believe what was happening right now.

"Well, let's talk later. After we close our shop." your father suggested as he looked behind you.

Following his gaze, you turned around and saw a customer who had just entered the shop.

Your mother weaved a sign with her hand as to follow her, wich you did, followed by Yami.

A little further inside and through a door, was a room, wich you guessed to be the beginning of the apartment they lived in.

Your mother led your two to the living room and let the both of you to take a seat on a couch.

"You can do whatever you want. After all, it's also actually your home." she said after also sitting down right next to you.

But that changed only after a few seconds because she stood right up and mentioned, "Oh, from all this excitement, I almost wanted to sit down and talk with you immediately but I have to get to work. You and your companion can make yourselves at home."

With this, she left you two alone and it was quiet in the room.

"Well, what a coincidence. That's good for you though."

"Yeah." Out of happiness, you grabbed Yami's hand and clutched it tightly.

And so you stayed sat on the couch.

Eventually, you fell asleep because you hadn't had anything to do.

The smell of tea.

A fragrance of peppermint was picked up from your nose and that caused you to slowly open your eyes.