Special Chapter (1) Part 2🔥

Back in town, you made a quick visit to your parents' house. But you didn't stay long. Since they were busy managing the shop, you just dropped the item in their house and informed them about your current situation. Once you finished, you returned to the base and called Yami.
"Since we're free today, how about we do something?" Yami smirked upon hearing your suggestion and pulled you closer to him. "I'd like that. Where do you want to go?"
"Let's walk to the capital. Once we're there, we could grab a meal together." And so you travelled on foot.

Once there, the both of you entered a well-known bar, where not only the beers were popular, but also the food they serve were also quite liked by the customers.
As you got your orders, you enjoyed the delicious meal. "Do you like it?" Yami questioned you and you nodded. A satisfied grin plastered on his face as he turned back to his food.

Even after finishing your food, you both decided to stay a little. Eventually, you, or more like Yami got into a conversation with the other customers. You were just sitting beside your beloved and didn't really say much.
That lasted for at least an hour, before a big event began. The owner of the bar had walked to the middle of the room and got everyone's attention by brandishing a huge tablecloth. Once all the people in the bar had quieted down, he spoke up and finally cleared the confusion he had created with his actions. "I'd like to declare that I've prepared a surprise for all of my guests that are here right now. I'm going to hold a special event tonight." After a short pause, he continued. "I'll serve all of you who'd like to participate drinks endlessly. And the one who stands last doesn't have to pay for the meals and all the drinks they had consumed tonight!"
Almost deafening cheering was heard from all directions in this huge room.
Yami also couldn't hold back to take up on this offer.

The barkeeper had requested helping hands for giving out the drinks because he couldn't possibly pour out the shots for every single one of the participants, since there were more than 30 of them. You decided to help him and so you were in charge of pouring Yami's drink. If you were honest, you were kind of curious to see how this would turn out and it also made you wonder how Yami was like if he was drunk. So you had mixed feelings of wanting him to win but also wanting to see him drunk.
And so the drinking contest started.

While you poured Yami drink after drink, you paid close attention to him and only him. Of course Yami had noticed it, seeing that it was impossible to not be able to notice since you were right in front of him and he threw you a smirk every now and then in which you smiled back at him.
You were pretty amazed of your husband. Of course you knew that he could drink but his alcohol tolerance far exceeded your expectations.

Amost 3 hours had passed since the contest began. Yami had chucked down every beer mug you had poured out for him to the last drop so far. Only three participants including Yami still remained. All the rest had dropped out.
The agitated crowd that had watched until now got even more excited to see how it was going to turn out. The most surprising thing for you was, that the other two men looked pretty to at least mildly inebriated, which you couldn't say was the same for Yami. He had a rather calm and collected demeanour even though he had already had more than 30 mugs of beer.
And right then, the other two got wasted and passed out one at a time. They had tried to remain conscious but they failed and still collapsed in the end.

Silence filled the room as everyone stared at the last man still sitting upright. But that silence did not remain for long. Cheering that came along with applause filled the room once again from the ones who had watched it from the beginning to the end.
Now that it was finally the end of the contest, you were at Yami's side again. The interest of it was long gone and so it was time to head back, since it was rather late.

"Sukehiro? Are you all right?" You looked at his face and saw that it was lightly flushed. He also looked kind of dazed. He was drunk.
That was truly a rare sight for you.
It seemd that the alcohol had just kicked in right after he had drunken the last drop of beer and won.
You did not expect him to be the quiet type when drunk but it did seem that way. Or so you thought.

After being able to somehow make him head outside the pub, his attitude took a huge turn. He was staggering a little bit, which made it pretty hard for you to walk, since you were supporting him. And he was also suddenly starting to ramble about some thing you couldn't understand, since he was a pretty much mumbling those sentences away under his breath.
But at some point, you could finally make out his words due to him speaking much clearer than before.

"(Y/N)?" In the shadows, his face was so close to yours that you could smell the bitter fragrance of the alcohol he had been drinking. He bent back your head across his arm and kissed you, softly at first and then with a swift gradation of intensity that made you cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world. It was as if the alcoholic drinks he had had was also getting to you as you tasted a herbal and aromatic flavour on your own tongue.

Once he pulled away, you were in a blank state as Yami rested his head on your shoulder and you could hear him say the words, "I love you (Y/N)." Your heart thumped loud and heavy in your eardrums as the speed of your heartbeats accelerated. A smile formed on your lips before you whispered, "I know. And I love you too."

Since you couldn't possibly carry him all the way back to the base, you had to contact Finral with the device to communicate with the members and told him to come and get Yami and you. Once you told him your location, it didn't take long for him to come and fetch you two.

Back in your room, you laid Yami, with the help of Finral, down your bed. After sending Finral out, you also laid down and stared at your husband's sleeping face. A huge grin that spread on your face was undeniable. Before also falling into a slumber, you placed a kiss on Yami's forehead.

Well, you had actually wanted to give him the thing you had bought before. But since your day had this unexpected turn of event and also seeing as how Yami was drunk, you decided to give it to him some other time. Which was most likely the day after tomorrow.