Chapter Seven

Tremaine

The pressure on my chest was painful. It's all I felt other than the pain of a cough coming up. I cringed hard and let out a small cough. That one became a bigger one and then I couldn't stop. I could feel stuff coming up and relieving pressure off my lungs. Besides that there's a beeping over my head that had increased. I tried to open my eyes but I was too tired. The constant coughing was taking most of my energy.

Soon after the beeping got louder and the coughing got more painful. I couldn't open my eyes but I felt like tears were falling. The pain was getting worse and the beeps were getting louder.

I heard people around me but I couldn't tell what they were doing.

My heart beat slowed down but I couldn't control the coughing enough to say anything.

The moment I thought I had a chance to a cough came out and my body shut down.

Carmen

It was hard to manuever in the neck brace so my head stayed facing the door. But I looked up to see the commotion conning from the other side of the room.

The guy's was just laying there. I assume he's dead by the way everyone looked. Fiona was crying silently as the stranger was. A few nurse's were about to start.

The room was completely quiet as the nurses and doctors walked out. The girl wiped her face and said good bye. I raised an eyebrow as acknowledgment.

It was awhile before Fiona had gotten herself together. "I can't believe that." I waited for her to continue but she didn't. She just shook her head and got ready to go. "I'll come by tommorow."

"Don't, I'm okay." She looked back at me and shook her head. When she left I heard a beep. It was smothered by the sound of my heart monitor. Another few beeps followed afterwards. I guess this alerted someone because I nurse came in.

The doctor did a short evaluation and informed the nurse that the guy was in a coma.

She looked relieved and mentioned calling his family.

They closed the curtains separating us and left.

8 days later

Brooke

I sat down on the long chair on the patio and watched my family from behind my magazine.

Some of my brothers were scattered along the deck while my most of my sisters were in the kitchen with my mom. A couple of my sisters along with my brother Lucas help my mom make lunch every Saturday. The other boys sometimes play football with my dad, but he's on the phone beside the pool. I couldn't hear his conversation but i saw that he was on his Bluetooth. I smiled at the excitement he has while wearing. He swears it makes him look cool but it really makes him look like a dad.

I'm grateful for the big family that I have, I love all of them but I would have liked to know my other family.

I accidentally found my adoption file in my dad's file cabinet. It was way in the back, far away from the files of my siblings. Being nosey I looked through it and saw that I was adopted at five months old. In bold letters it said Brooke Linda Marie Carangi born to Gia Marie Carangi.

Being in the modeling world I had done my research before so I knew who she was but it didn't seem possible.

A father wasn't listed and neither were any siblings. The world didn't even know I exist.  My parents hid it forever and I could tell that they were never going to tell me. When I found out it strained our relationship but after discussing it were back the way we were.