Chapter One

Tremaine

I hopped out the car and discreetly walked in the small building. Today I had to do a promotional shoot for my latest album Chapter 5. 

All eyes were on us as we walked through the hall. I didn't have to look to see that Nicole was practically growling at any girl that looked my way. "Bitches..." She muttered under her breath and I shook my head. 

A crowd formed and I happily took pictures and signed autographs. Nicole glared at me from the side of the room she was pushed in and I smirked to myself. She knows how important My Angels are. I walked into my dressing room and saw how fancy it was. A large room with a big mirror and chairs on the side with a glass table and clothing racks on the other side of the room. Nicole's influence of course. All I need is a room with a chair in it. I'm only changing clothes, I'll barely be in here.

I sat back in one of the chairs and waited for Maxine to come in. Maxine Robin, my jealous ass ex-girlfriend that I made the mistake of meeting. She's a stylist for Stacy London and her company stylist and fashion designers. I cringed when I saw her name listed as my stylist a year ago but had hope that it wasn't her. But it was. Years later she finally got her shit together and was ready to be professional. She got the job done even with the distractions made by Nicole and at the end of the day I was happy. Since that day she’s been somewhat apart of my team but since Nicole found out her connection to me I’ve seen less and less of her. Nicole wouldn’t have her ass here today if she didn’t know Maxine was suppose to be here today. Jealous ass.

A short lady walked into the room. “I’m so sorry for the wait Mr. Songz but Ms. Robin couldn’t make it.” Nicole twirled a piece of her hair and grinned. “I called in the next best from Ms. London’s team to assist you.” She looked intimidated for some reason but I ignored it and nodded. Nicole’s handiwork of course.

“Well now that she’s out the way we can have some fun!” Nicole said cheerfully when the lady left. I stared at her and went back to ignoring her.

I’ve known her for 5 years but we’ve dated for maybe 3. At first it was just a mutual attraction that had the possibility of growing into more,but it’s barely grown. Nicole has a big ass mouth and doesn’t know when to stop. She intentionally fucks with people for no reason and thinks because she’s Nicole London that she can get away with it. Aside from that she’s just annoying for no damn reason.

*****

40 minutes later.

“Ugh. What’s taking so long?” Nicole dragged out and flopped against the couch. I couldn’t be mad, I wanted to know the same thing. Nicole hastily left on a search for the woman that came in earlier. She left the door wide open and I watched as she knocked over a girl with blonde hair.

“Ow. I’m so sorry.” The girl said and rushed to pick up her papers that were scattered along the floor.

“I know. Watch it next time.” Nicole spat looking down at the girl. I glared at her rude ass from the room. After a while the girl got up and dragged towards my room by Ms.London’s second-in-command Winston. “I’m sorry she’s late but this is Maxine’s Replacement.”

The girl stared intently at her black flats until Winston nudged her. “Hi, I’m Carmen.” She said slowly with what looked to be a sorry attempt of a smile. She looked young and misplaced, not someone I’d picture working here. “I’m so terribly sorry for being so late.”

I felt sympathy for her, she reminded me of one of the kid’s I fucked with as a child.

Carmen and I made eye contact but she looked away too soon. She signaled for a new rack of clothes to be brought in.

I looked away from her and had Nicole escorted out the room.

*****

An hour later.

I changed into my white v-neck and basketball shorts after the last picture was taken. I sat on the push chair in the corner and told whoever was knocking to come in.

Fiona walked in and sat across from me. “How was the shoot?” I shrugged. “It was okay I guess.”

“How was Nicole with the newbie?” She asked with a smirk. She laughed when I frown and said that Nicole being Nicole. “What’s the newbies name?”

A proud smile lit up her face. “Carmen Carangi!”

Carmen Carangi? I know that name.

Flashback

Tremaine

“Who’s that?” I pointed to the girl sitting in the shady corner of the playground staring at the wall. Chris was standing on the monkey bars. “The new girl. Think her name is Carmen or somethin’, she came last week when you was sick.”

I scrunched my face up. “Why she look like that? I saw her hair was in a messy ponytail and a scar was peeking out of the hair shadowing her face. Chris shrugged and Allen laughed. “Kylie said she’s poor and she’s probably right.”

“She look like shit.” I was clearly disgusted about her appearance. “Lets go over there.” I lead them over to the girl who obviously wasn’t paying attention. “Hey!” I kicked her leg and she looked up.

“This is our playground so you can’t sit here.” Chris said stomping on her notebook. She reached for it but Allen grabbed it. “You want it back?” She nodded and I laughed. “Too bad.”

I tossed it to Allen who tossed it to Chris. Soon after we were tossing it back and forth. She got up and tried to grab it but I wasn’t going to let her. I pushed her hard against the wall and she slid to the ground. I caught her notebook and looked inside. A bunch of stuff in Chinese was in there. I knew she was weird.

“All 5th graders should be in the building.” The assistant principle announced over the intercom. The new girl Carmen got up and missed her book when I threw it at her. It landed in some muddy water from the storm two days ago.

She didn’t say anything she just stared at it and that made it funnier. We happily walked back to the lunch room and waited for our teacher.

End of Flashback

I watched her direct a guy to a set of clothes and decided to get up while she’s distracted.

“Carmen, is that you?

Carmen

I helped Zachary find his model’s clothes and was about to lift the box of shoes that came along with it but I froze. My heart stopped. My blood ran cold. A familiar wave of fear washed over me and I didn’t know what to do.

All of the work I did to hide who I was and my face went to crap. I was trapped and I couldn’t hide now. Fudge.

I placed one foot in front of the over and turned around to face him. He was closer than I thought but I didn’t cower.

“Hello…Tremaine.”