Chapter Ten. 1/2

Carmen

Although I'm comfortable when I'm alone there are times where I wish I had a family. Or even a few friends.

Fiona's out touring and Riley's probably on the run somewhere. Fiona's the closest person I have right now. Recently I've acquired a sister and that's cool and all but I'm not going to welcome her into my life. There's nothing wrong with her, I'm just not use to the idea or a sibling.

Looking at my phone I noticed it was time for my therapy session. I trudged into the gym ready for whatever but I saw Neverson there and my mood changed.

He was doing push ups despite his cracked ribs, I cringed. I'm sure it's too early for him to doing something so strenuous.

I looked a bit longer than I intended and he looked over at me. I went to put my things away and returned to myself previous spot. He was gone.

I surveyed my surrounded and jumped out of my skin when I felt arms from behind me. He has a unique smell that lead me to believe that's who's behind me. "Good afternoon." I unwrapped his arms and stepped out of arms length.

He smiled and looked at me. Feeling uncomfortable, I quickly walked to Ms. Rice and she guided me to my next obstacle.

"Alrightttt let's get started! Lay your hand on the table and try to bend your arm."

My bones had settled and made it harder to move. Every time I tried it felt like my bones were going to snap.

"You got it Carmen, take your time."

For the oddest reason I found myself smiling to myself. Never have I ever encountered such patience. It made me feel better. I've always had to drive myself to get better, it felt good to have someone around that didn't rush me.

Flashback

Kristen glared at me with her hands at her hips. "You don't got all night."

"I'm trying."

"Try harder."

Ignoring the weight of my full leg cast I tried to lift my leg up. I was faced with failure again. With failure came the thick black belt.

I braced myself for the slap across my thin skin, the hit was enough to break this leg too. I thought three months after the accident I'd be healed. Normally that's not the case but I've had more body damage my nine years than most seventy year olds. It's to the point where it doesn't phase me anymore.