An unwanted arrival

Leo had no idea what to do. Keeping Hazel in his house was too great of a risk, and leaving her alone was something his ethics didn't allow him. Apart from this, perhaps the greatest reason of even expressing his desire to work something out was that he wanted Hazel to step closer to him. He wanted her to explore him, to wonder about him until she could confidently say that she knew all about him. But the thought that how would she react when she got to know the truth was so scary that Leo couldn't risk telling her. He couldn't tell her that he would leave her alone once his mission was over, and that he was using her. He couldn't tell her that the boy she was trying to trust was nothing but an imposter. He knew that Hazel had feelings for him, and deep down he had also begun to like her....she was significant for him...she was beginning to become important in his life. But he knew he couldn't have her and they could not be together... Maybe this was the reason he denied his growing love for her.

He stood in front of her house, lost in deep thought. Should he keep her with him? What if she discovered something she shouldn't know yet. He couldn't let her know his true identity...not now....not when she was finally starting to trust him and give him a chance.

"Leo!" Hazel waved from the balcony of the second floor. Her emerald eyes were gleaming with hope. Her face was lit with happiness, such happiness that Leo could never even try to take it away from her. So what if they couldn't be together? Till the time he was here, he could live in the moment with her. He could still give her the love she was craving, the love that she deserved, if even for little time. He couldn't love Sophia the way he should have , but life was was giving him a second chance in the form of Hazel.

Leo slowly climbed the stairs until he stopped in front of her room. The door swung open and Hazel came out. She raced towards him, right into his arms, wrapping her arms around him.
Leo smiled warmly and wrapped his own arms around her. He whispered in her ear; "I think I missed you".

Hazel pulled away and looked into his blue eyes that reflected nothing but truth. He had actually missed her.
"Not more than me" she whispered back.

"What was with this hug?" Leo asked rolling his eyes.
"Why?Can't friends hug each other?"
"Aren't you hugging me a lot recently?" He teased.

"Do you have a problem?" Hazel frowned.

"Actually,no. But still, I was wondering why..." He smirked.

Hazel's heartbeat accelerated. She didn't know why this happened. "Fine,I won't do it again" She said decisively.

"That's up to you," Leo chuckled.

"Gosh what a pervert!" Hazel hissed and turned away.
"Stop calling me that!" Leo snapped.

Moments later,Leo entered her room, and saw Jessica packing her things.
"Alright I'm off. Bye Haze" she said, squeezing Hazel's hand.

"Bye Jess, and thanks again" Hazel smiled warmly.

After Jessica left, she turned to Leo.
"Why didn't you come?" She asked calmly, though she was feeling angry.

"Because I'm not your servant" Leo said and crossed his arms over his chest.

Hazel took a deep breath to suppress her anger. She remembered that she hadn't asked Leo about his decision for her.
"You didn't tell me if I can stay at your place" She pointed out, looking concerned.
"Yes, you can," he finally said after a long pause of complete silence.
"Is my privacy guaranteed?" Hazel arched her brow.
"Ahem...I'm not a pervert, and I respect girls so yeah, make yourself comfortable. You can stay in the room on the ground floor since it's empty. Also, I would like to clarify one thing." He said stiffly.
"And what's that?" She asked
"Don't bother to come upstairs, especially in my room". There was a mysterious edge to his voice that provoked Hazel to ask him the reason.
"Why? Is there something that you are hiding there?".
Leo was speechless. But he managed to keep up a smooth expression on his face.
"No, I don't like people interfering with my life. That's my privacy. Can you guarantee it?" he finished in the same smooth tone, struggling to maintain a calm expression on his face.
"Fine," Hazel shrugged.
But she was definitely checking his room out at least once. The thought made her feel better. She wanted to slap Leo for this absolute rudeness, but decided to control herself.