In The illusion

You make my heart beat incessantly
Each day we meet so so heavenly
W

hen will you see
That you're the one I need
Maybe we're meant for another day

We will find us again in some other way
And in the end
We'll finally run away

You said you won't let me go
I never once felt so alone
And when you're gone
Time moves so slow
You and I
You altered my life
You said you were mine
Stop making me cry.

(Song: In the illusion English version. K drama:₩《Two worlds》)

Hazel took a deep breath and raised the knife. Her parents clapped as it dug into the fudge cake on which it was written with Strawberry icing 'Happy 18th birthday Hazel' and in the middle were glowing two candles of 1 and 8.

"It wasn't necessary dad, I'm not a kid anymore. " She complained.

At the same instant, in Japan, he stood in front of a round table on which sat a familiar cake to the one which Hazel had just cut. He raised the knife and cut it. Grabbing a bite of cake, he slumped on the sofa.
"Happy birthday Hazel. " Leo looked at her painting. "I can not give you your gift just as yet. No matter how hard I try, I can not come to meet you before three years or so, however, you can still come to Tokyo. "

He smiled bitterly at the last thought. That's right, why would she come to Japan?

He took out a glass and a bottle of beer. Intoxication was the only escape from this endless pain. Little did he know, what consequences he was about to pay for this act. He drank two whole bottles and collapsed on the floor. In the drunken stupor, he picked up his phone and dialed a familiar number.

**************************

Hazel was sitting on her bed, trying to figure out the password of the pen drive when her phone rang. She looked warily at the number. She was fairly certain that she had never received any calls from this number but it was strange how her heart had skipped a beat. It felt somehow familiar. Was it a deja vu feeling? She picked the phone up and slid her trembling fingers across the phone.

"Hello?" She began

"Happy birthday Hazel"

Her eyes widened in disbelief. She thought her ears were deceiving her. Was it...was it really HIM?

" Leo?" Her voice was choked.

"It's me...I miss you so much, Hazel"

Was he crying? His voice was strained.

"Is it really you Leo? Where are you? I want to meet you"

She was out of breath. It was as if her soul was reaching out to him...she needed to find him.

"I can not tell you that Hazel. I'm nowhere close to you...we can't be together but I can still tell you one thing. You were right when you said that I was the Leo from your past. Yes, I'm him....your childhood friend and love."

The world had stopped. Time had frozen. Everything suddenly seemed like an illusion. It was all meaningless. What did he just say?