Close your eyes

Sunlight poured into the warm room. Leo rubbed his eyes and tilted his head. Hazel was still fast asleep. He slowly slid his arms and got up. Covering her with a blanket, he called room service to order breakfast. Until the order arrived, he sat by Hazel's head and looked at her tenderly. Her eyelids slowly fluttered open and her gaze fell on his face. A smile broke on her lips as she pulled Leo by the collar and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He smiled and pulled her closer and kissed her back.

"Get up. Breakfast is on its way".

Hazel went towards the bathroom and Leo checked his phone. It was a message from Jane.

"They are after you, they are surrounding the hotel. They have weapons. Try to run unnoticed because they are watching your every move."

Leo's eyes widened and he grabbed the hilt of his gun that was kept in his back pocket. Gripping the hilt, he shoved the curtains aside. He could see men in black outfits and caps roaming around. A jeep was parked beside the taxi.

"Dammit!" He snarled.
He looked towards the closed door of the washroom. It was best to keep Hazel out of this but he knew that if he left without a word, she would tend to follow him and get hurt. He had no option but to take Hazel with him. He dialed Grace's number.

"Send some reinforcements. I can't fight these many of them alone".

"I've already sent some. Get out within ten minutes agent Leo. It's far more dangerous than what you had anticipated."
Leo noticed the ringing warning in her voice. Shoving his phone in his pocket he instantly grabbed Hazel's wrist just as she came out.

"Take your stuff, we have to leave this place now!" He said hurriedly.

Hazel looked at him with shock but realized that asking questions now was worthless. Following his orders, she packed her necessary belongings and money and strode out. Leo tightly clasped her hand. Stopping by the stairs he motioned her to run.

"Wait for me at the backdoor. If you notice anything suspicious, run instantly!"

"But what about you?" Hazel asked impatiently.

"Don't worry about me, I'll find you. Your safety is more important".

With that, he rushed towards the elevator. Hazel sprinted down the stairs one after another until she reached the back door. Leo watched the doors as they closed, hoping nothing more than Hazel to escape safely. The elevator opened and the lobby came into view. Leo's grip tightened around the hilt as he ventured forward, towards the entrance. Just as he stepped outside, He raised his gun. Running as fast as he could, he fired shot after shot as men collapsed on the floor. Suddenly a bullet pierced through the air and dug straight into his torso. He staggered back and the gun slipped from his hand. Squeezing his eyes shut, he raced towards to backdoor. Hazel was standing there. Struggling to keep up his balance, he reached towards her. The panic on her face didn't go unnoticed by him but there was little that could be done. gripping her hand, he pulled her along until a car stopped in front of them. Grace signaled him to get in. Hazel helped him slide into the car. The sound of more gunfires filled the entire area, as the reinforcements arrived.

"Agent Leo? Are you alright?" Grace asked as she looked at his bloodied shirt from the rearview mirror.

"keep going!!" Leo barely managed to speak. Hazel pressed her hands on the wound to try to stop the blood.

"Ouch!!" Leo whispered

"Does it hurt?"

"Of course, it's a gunshot. Why would it not hurt?" Leo said in frustration.

Hazel pursed her lips and looked out of the window.

"Hey, don't get upset' Leo managed to smile. But Hazel didn't look back.