Destiny

The wind was howling and the icy blows were piercing through his body. Clinging to a metal pipe, he was swiftly climbing it like a monkey. He had a torch in his mouth as he climbed fearlessly higher up the dark building. His eyes were burning with determination and an exhausted yet serious expression was plastered on his face. He had already climbed two stories and yet there were four more to go. Hazel just had to take a room on the seventh floor! It was literally the room below the hotel penthouse. She wasn't even healed and completely fine yet, and was acting like a complete idiot already just after waking up from the death bed. He wondered if the stroke had caused a negative impact on her mental stability. Back at the hospital, the doctor had told him that she was fine for now, however she needed to be under observation for at least another two days as minor headaches might lead to a stroke again, that is if not treated properly. She had foolishly insisted on getting discharged, and had snuck out when there was no one around. That was all the more reason for Leo to feel guilty about leaving unattended given how crazy she was. And that was exactly the reason why Leo needed to be with her. It was only natural for him to worry about her. He finally reached the window to her room. The dark curtains prevented him from looking inside. Resting his hands against the cold window sill, he tried to pull the glass sliding door open but it didn't budge.

"She finally realized that she should lock the windows" Leo murmured.

He took out a metal tool and expertly disassembled the lock.Perks of being a secret gent, you just happen to always carry the right tools in your pocket.a Sliding the window slightly, he bought his head closer to get a good view of her face. He was all too desperate to see if she was doing fine. Relief surged through his body as he saw her sitting on the edge of her bed. Only then did he realize that her face was buried in he hands and she was weeping silently. Leo extended his hand but dropped it the next instant. It was as if someone had stepped over his heart. He really pitied her. It always hurt him to see her suffer because of him, yet there was nothing much he could do.

" Gosh! I'm the real jerk, it is all my fault," Leo said to himself. He saw Hazel getting up and going towards the washroom. He took the opportunity and hopped inside. It was tiring to stay there in mid air clinging to a metal pipe in the middle of a chilly winter night. His arms were already aching. The door clicked open and he hastily ducked and hid behind the sofa.

"My gosh! What's wrong with my head? I really think I saw someone!" He heard Hazel say. His breath caught in his throat and he curled up a little more to prevent getting caught by her. .

"Aish I left the window open again!" She mumbled as her gaze fell on the open glass door.

"Darn it!" Leo hissed quietly

"Ah I swear I had locked this! Am I hallucinating? It must be due to the stroke " she anticipated.
"Well the wind seems nice anyway. I think it's better to leave this open." She declared to herself and sat on the bed. Leo popped his head a bit upwards to see her properly.
Some moments passed and Leo was almost about to doze off when he heard a loud wail.

"I think my head hurts! Ah.... Ouch! .....it" Hazel tried to get up and walk towards the table but the world suddenly started to swirl. Sharp pain struck her and seized her body. She gripped her head but lost balance. Leo instantly shot up and caught her, preventing her from falling. She began to scream coherently as her vision started to black out . Blood started pouring  from her nose

"Hazel! Look at me.....stay with me!" Leo shook her violently. Soon she stopped screaming and looked up at him. Fear was eminent on her face.

"It's all right Hazel ... You're fine, I won't let anything happen to you" he said hastily and rushed over to the medicine bag propped at the bedside table.