Hello Leo

Just as she entered the classroom, her gaze froze and a hard look appeared in her eyes.
"Hazel!" Emma hugged her.
"Hello" she replied coldly and headed for her seat.
Beside her sat that same boy from the morning who had bumped into her, studiously avoiding her gaze.
"Sit down class", a hoarse female voice boomed as Miss Jamison strode forward and climbed the podium.
"Good morning class. I am pleased to introduce a new exchange student to you all today. Leo is an exchange student from Seoul who will be joining us from today. Would you please come forward Leo?"
The boy quietly left his seat and walked towards miss Jamison. He looked quite confident as he strode forward, hands in his Jean pockets yet head lifted up with confidence. Hazel eyed him cautiously as he walked towards the center of the class.
"Hello everyone! I'm glad to meet you all. My name is Leonardo and I really look forward to spending a great time with you all." he said in an overzealous manner. His voice was soothing and velvety

"You are the partner of.....Hazel ..yes that's right Leo, your lab partner is Hazel Greyson"

"Me?" Hazel got up, astounded.

"Yes, is there a problem with that Hazel?" Miss Jamison asked skeptically.

"But my partner is Eddie." Hazel replied
"Oh no dear, he changed his section just last week when you were absent, so that makes Leonardo your new lab partner."

Leo just glanced at her once before taking his seat. He was looking forward and casually writing on his notebook.

"Alleles. So what do you know about alleles class?"

Leo raised his hand instantly,as if he'd been electrocuted or something.

"An allele is one of two or more versions of a gene. An individual inherits two alleles for each gene, one from each parent. If the two alleles are the same, the individual is homozygous for that gene. If the alleles are different, the individual is heterozygous."

"That's correct!" Miss Jamison exclaimed,clearly impressed.

"Jerk!"
"Heartless freak!"

Hazel hastily wrote on her notebook.
"Alright class, now we have to examine some cells. Take your positions."

Hazel began setting up the microscope when he addressed her.
"Hello Hazel"
"Hello Leo" she replied dryly.

"About the morning incident..." He began.
"Forget it!" Hazel snapped.

Leo pursed his lips and started examining,while Hazel wrote the points that he told her. The class ended and she walked out towards the library.

"Hey wait up!" Leo called.

"Yeah?" Hazel turned

"You forgot your notebook."

"Damn it!"she hissed

"By the way I'm not a jerk." he smiled as he tossed the notebook in his hands.

"Gosh Leo! You should never read other people's notebooks."

He laughed and handed her the notebook. Just after he left, Hazel opened the notebook as her gaze travelled across the pages, but it froze instantly.
Just below 'heartless freak' Leo had written his number.

"Geez that pervert!" She said as she tore the page from the book and rolled it into a ball, intending to toss it in the bin. Then she stopped abruptly and shoved the paper ball in her jacket.