The longing distance

All the flower are gone away
He has gone away again
Carrantuohill and cliffs of moher
And last night he came to me

Waves shining like a star
Dancing with silver coats
Waves shining like a star
Dancing with gold bells shoes
Waves shining like a star
But he has gone away again

Gently placing his hand on the letter, Leo scribbled something on the back and placed it back inside. Smiling sadly, he rested against the window, waiting for Hazel to come out. But she didn't. Minutes ticked by and time passed until there was no longer the sound of water dripping. A feeling of uneasiness surrounded leo. He clicked open the door and was surprised to find it unlocked. He hesitantly walked inside but froze when he saw Hazel lying on the floor. Her body was numb and soaked in cold water. Her eyes were closed. He rushed over to pick her up. Her body felt ice cold. Leo quickly got her up and lifted her into his arms. Gently laying her on the bed, he dried her clothes with a hair drier.

"Hazel, wake up." He whispered
But she wouldn't open her eyes just as yet. Leo gently stroked her hair

"I'm sorry my dear, it's all because of me. I should have stayed away from you. I already got you into trouble more than once and now your heart is broken because of me"

Hazel's eyes fluttered open and she began to cough violently.
Leo patted her back and fetched her some water. Gulping slowly, she rested her head against his shoulder. She hadn't noticed his face yet.

"It's okay Hazel, I'm sorry" Leo began.

Hazel lifted her head and pushed him away.

"You! " She snapped.

"Hazel listen-".

"Get out!" She shrieked.

Leo pursed his lips and firmly held her shoulders. She struggled to get out of his iron grip but eventually gave in.

"Let go of me you traitor! You liar!" She hissed and repeatedly shook her hands, trying to set herself free.

"That's not true. Your brother is the liar. You know me Hazel. Don't let him deceive you!"

His ocean eyes were practically begging her to believe his words. He needed nothing more than her trust.
Hazel shook her head in denial.

" Eyes can't deceive!"

"They can if you don't know the background" Leo retaliated.

And for one instant Hazel didn't know who to believe. She desperately wanted to believe Leo. But her mind said otherwise. How could she ditch her brother.

"Fine, I'll listen to you just this once" She finally stopped resisting.

Leo slowly let go of her arms and sat in front of her. Looking cautiously into her emerald eyes he began

"I know it's hard for you to believe this but listen. James Greyson is the member of the Mafia Phoenix...he killed my former girlfriend Sophia. The one who resembled you. "

"You are lying! " Hazel snapped and pushed him away. Leo staggered back but the next instant he moved forward until their faces were inches apart. Hazel could feel his cool breath blowing on her face. She was as still as a stone. Slowly, Leo moved his hand and trailed it down her neck until their lips brushed against each other. Closing her eyes, Hazel kissed him back. Moments passed and soon both of them pulled away. They were out of breath. Leo could feel his heart accelerating and Hazel's cheeks flushed red.

"It was a goodbye kiss Hazel"

Hazel's eyes widened but she couldn't speak. A choking sensation enveloped her
Smiling sadly, Leo gently embraced her and whispered in her ear.

"I'll leave your life from today, forget about me ...as if you know nothing about Leo. Forget that we ever met,....that we ever loved. Forget my existence"

The words stabbed her heart and silent tears trickled down her eyes.

"Fine. It's over" she breathed

Leo squeezed his eyes shut and swallowed the tears that had formed in his eyes. Hesitantly he pulled back and without turning to look at Hazel, he made his way towards the window.

Little did Hazel know, she was seeing Leo for the last time...a longing distance was yet to separate them. Fate was always cruel to lovers. Giving her a last glance, Leo jumped out of the window.

He was gone

The was nothingness

Leo had left her life.

Hazel clutched her chest tightly and sank to the floor.

Nothing but a longing distance lay between the two souls that once had loved each other. But that love just seemed to fade away now.

He was gone

For real this time.

As soon as he reached the ground, Leo started to run. He raced against the wind and ran on the empty road. He passed trees in a flash and perspired heavily. It was hard to distinguish between the sweat and his tears. He had done it, he had broken her heart. The pain was unbearable. He couldn't withstand it. He needed Hazel....he desperately wanted to go back and hold her in his arms....tell her that it's okay.....that he was there for her

But he couldn't. It was over. Their love story was shortlived. He couldn't have her.

Finally he reached his house. Running upstairs he closed the door of his room and sank to the floor. Tears gushed down his eyes and soaked his entire face. His hands trembled as he tried to wash away Hazel's memories from his mind. It was just too much to handle.

He cried and cried until he fell asleep, on the cold wooden floor.

****************

It hurts when you have someone in your heart, but you can't have them in your arms.

Now we're back to the way we started, as strangers.