Step closer

On the way back home, Leo couldn't stop smiling. He could still feel the warmth of Hazel's body against him and the intensity of that hug was still enough to make him feel dizzy. He tried to shook the thought away various times, but it seemed impossible. He knew deep down that he had fallen hard for Hazel Greyson, but part of him still denied it. As much as he wanted to stay away from Hazel, he couldn't. He had pretended to love people several times, and was famous in his agency by the title of 'Loverboy' but this was the first time he had actually fallen madly in love with someone. Maybe it was because Hazel looked just like Sophia and her presence made him feel like he was back in time with Sophie. Maybe it was true that he had fallen for Hazel, but only because her face was Sophia's face. His heart had always belonged to Sophia, and there was no compromise on that. Yes, he had fallen in love with Hazel, but not actually Hazel, just her face.

On the other hand, Hazel Greyson was still not sure what this attraction was. She sat on her bed, remembering that tender hug. Leo had not let her go instantly,but had returned her embrace! Was this an indication that he liked her? Or was he flirting with her? One thing was for sure, she wanted more than just hugs from Leo. She smiled broadly, thinking of ways to impress Leo and lure him towards her. But she knew one thing, he was definitely going to be her next boyfriend. She wanted to kiss him so badly.

What are you thinking Hazel!
She scolded herself.

Jerking these thoughts away she shuddered. Did she just express her desire to kiss Leo? No way! She had never kissed any boy and she was always very particular about it. She never involved in any sort of sexual relations ever. She got up and headed downstairs. She met James on the way who was carrying two suitcases.

"Hey Jamie, where are you going for outing? And when will you return?"

"Hey sis, well two weeks at most. And we are going to Boston."

"Boston!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm running late, bye" he said while hugging her tightly.

"Ok see ya. Take care" Hazel waved goodbye.

James strode off . Hazel just stood there dumbfounded. What was so interesting in Boston that James, who had sworn to never go to Boston was going there.

But he was always so unpredictable. Hazel went to meet her parents when the maid told her that they had urgently gone to England at night due to an emergency. Her paternal grandmother who resided there had a heart attack and was hospitalized. Hazel realized that she was all by herself for at least two weeks. A chill ran down her spine. She had always been frightened by the thought of being alone in the house. She decided to stay at Emma or Jessica's house.

Hours passed as Hazel sat on her study table in an attempt to complete her biology homework but soon the topic got so confusing that she slammed her biology book on the wall. Filled with rage she said to herself. "If only I had focused during class! Ugh this is so frustrating". Hopeless, she decided to call Leo. He was the topper of the class after all.

He picked up on the third ring.

"Hi," he said instantly.
"Leo, are you free right now?" Hazel asked impatiently.
"Apparently yes, what happened?"
"Could you explain me inheritance chapter? I'm lost, plus there is a test on Monday. I'm gonna fail for sure."

"Ok ok relax! Take a deep breath and don't panic. Firstly, open your notebook. Secondly, listen to everything I say very carefully."

"Umm okay, wait...." She picked up her book and opened the chapter."yes?"

" So the first thing in inheritance that you need to understand is the difference between a gene and an allele.Gene is a functional piece of DNA for a specific trait while alleles are a different variation of a gene. A gene makes a protein while alleles produce different phenotypes related to it. Gene is a single unit for one trait while the alleles occur in pairs...."