Twisted Paths

Hazel opened her eyes and was shocked to see Leo sleeping beside her. When did he come here and why the heck was he sleeping next to her.They were so close, her heart skipped a beat. They were only pretending to be married then what was this? She slowly tried to get up but didn't want to disturb his sleep.

"I'll let it slide just this once" she said to herself and went back to sleep.

***********
When she opened her eyes, she was alone. Where did he go? Hazel got up with a start and found him sitting on the couch. He had his phone in one hand and was biting his fingers of the other hand while busily typing on the phone. He was dressed in his usual theme, black leather jacket and his hair were brushed to one side, just touching his eyebrow. He smiled warmly as he saw Hazel.

"You're up"
Hazel shot him a glare.

"Where were you last night?" She questioned

"Ah, something important came up, I had no choice but to go there" he tried to justify his stance.

"Fine," Hazel sighed in defeat.

"I was wondering," he walked up towards her " if you and I spend some quality time together? Just the two of us!"

"A new start?" Hazel smiled.

"Yes" Leo nodded.

The two of them walked hand in hand towards the car. Hazel was dressed in a grey skirt over white top while Leo wore the same outfit. Seating his lady on the passenger seat, he slid into the driving seat and started the car. The car raced on the road. With his eyes focused ahead, Leo addressed Hazel

"Is there any specific place where you wanna go?"

"Not really, but I can surely think of one"

"Sure," he replied and turned the steering wheel.

They drove towards the restaurant that Hazel had chosen. The car stopped in the parking lot and they got out. They walked upstairs until they reached a table by the window. The restaurant had wooden tiles and dark walls. Yellow lamps and huge chandeliers lit the place a bit dimly. Faint soft melody played in the background as musicians were seen seated at the far end. A candle stand was placed in the center of the table.

"It's finally the two of us, alone" Leo smirked at Hazel who blushed.

Leo extended his hand and tucked a loose strand behind her ear. He gently tilted her chin upwards so that their eyes locked. Green eyes looked at the ocean blue ones with pleasure and satisfaction.

"I love you so much Leo!" Hazel whispered.
Leo leaned closer until his lips were only centimeters away from hers when the waiter cleared his throat.

Embarrassed, he instantly pulled away and Hazel tilted her face to the side to hide her flustered look.
What a rude way to interrupt a passionate kiss!

As Leo placed the order, the waiter walked away.

He looked at Hazel who was still a bit embarrassed.

"C'mon Hazel!! You're my wife"

"Future wife" she rolled her eyes

"But you're still my girlfriend, " Leo smirked yet again.

He grasped her delicate hands in his strong ones, and looked into her eyes. The heat of his intense gaze ignited a fire in her entire body .

"I don't think it's the right time but Hazel please go back, I-I can't risk your life because of me " He beckoned

Hazel pulled her hands away and glared at him with anger, a look of deceit surfaced in her eyes.

"Is this what you call a new start?"