Searching for his shadow

The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart
Beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

A thousand years by Christina Perri

When she had first discovered that Leo was an agent, she had been fairly positive. But now as she thought more and more, all sorts of fears had started invading her mind. Was she okay with the fact that Leo was always in danger? Anything could happen to him anytime. Was she okay with him getting hurt? Definitely not.

Leo was also in the same confusion. Was it a good thing to tell Hazel? Definitely not. He could have played dumb. Why was he so naive? Why did he tell her?. Running his hand through his already ruffled hair, he closed his eyes and rested his head against the pillow.

"Whatever got into me for being so stupid!" He cursed his recklessness. She was in danger because of him and he hated it. He wanted to protect her but he knew he wouldn't be this lucky every time. He couldn't help but blame himself for putting Hazel's life at risk. Just the thought of her getting hurt was enough to choke him.

Reluctantly, he picked up his phone to type a message.
"I'm sorry Hazel, but we can't be together anymore" but then he erased it.

Nah! That was too rude. Suddenly the screen lit up. It shone her name. Hesitantly, Leo picked the call.

"Hey." He breathed.
"Leo, I was thinking about you. I miss you "
"Same here, " he smiled sadly.

"I still can't believe it that you are an-"
"Shush!" Leo snapped instantly.

What if James heard her.

"Oh sorry, I'm not used to all this you know" She said apologetically.

"It's okay, be careful" Leo warned.

After talking to Hazel for about an hour, Leo finally placed his phone on the bedside table. Where Hazel huddled in her blanket and fell to a Peaceful sleep, Leo on the other hand rose from his bed and headed towards the balcony.

Taking out another phone from his pocket, he dialed a familiar number.

"About time" James spoke on the other end.

Leo smiled bitterly.

"I've found the evidence I needed. Looks like Sparrow decided to ditch you".

"You won't make it out alive from here" James hissed furiously.

"Let's see, the game starts now"

"I'll kill you with my own two hands agent Leo" James snarled and hung up.

A look of satisfaction appeared in Leo's blue eyes. On the other hand, James smashed his phone against the wall.

" Darn those traitors!"

" I told you not to trust that Mafia James!" Laura called from behind him.

James closed his eyes. Then he opened them, and they reflected bloodlust.