[eighteen]

Miyeon's POV:

He bounces faster than I've ever seen him from his position, literally. He turns on the lamp. It takes him another two minutes to realize the hidden meaning behind my context.

What do I do with him? He's so slow.

"Y-you knew?" I sit up in an attempt to face him properly.

"The whole time." I reply.

His reaction is so priceless.
Alexa get my camera.

"How?!"

"You're too transparent Jeon Wonwoo. Acting isn't for you."

"Still, how did you know? Did I make it too obvious?" He murmurs the last part. However, due to the lack of noise, I manage to hear him finely. He did make it obvious, as a matter of fact.

"The way you look at me, the way you care for me; all of it makes it too obvious for anyone." I shrug. His face and ears flush red. He turns away his eyes from me. Of course he can't maintain an eye contact with me now.

"Now this is embarrassing. The boys know too probably. They'll tease me till the day my soul leaves my body." He shrieks, dropping his shoulders. I regard him in silence.

"You liked me since high school?" I ask, looking down at my feet.

"Mhmm."

"Why didn't you tell me back then?"

He clears his throat. "It wasn't the right time I guess?" Asserts he.

"What if I never came back?"

"My regret of not telling you about my feelings would never go away."

"Why would you wait for someone who supposedly died right infront you, someone who you had no chances with, who wasn't likely a human, who abnormally disappeared by fading away in the air? How could you like that someone so much that in 6 years your feelings haven't changed for her atall? How's this possible in practical life?"

"Some things are worth waiting for ever. Love is one of them, I think. I love you. I could wait a lifetime for you." He says. "A part of me always believed that you didn't die that night and one day you would surely return. Maybe that day, I could tell you everything. That some day is finally here, it's today and I'm so so happy."

I'm overwhelmed with emotions. His dedication is benumbing me and melting my melancholic heart effortlessly. The sincerity behind each of his words bring tears to my eyes once again.

I hold in my breath to prevent them from falling. He already saw me crying more than once. I was never the type to cry over these things at the first place. It would hurt my pride.

I'm strong. I won't cry anymore.

"What if I never did?" I ask in an undertone, swallowing my tears.

"It's not always what if and never and all the pessimistic things. Life would be too gloomy like that. Sometimes it's also about what if and all the other optimistic things. That's what keeps us going, even through the hard times."

"You shouldn't be optimistic all the  time about everything you know. The higher you fly, the harder you fall when your wings are broken." I breath out.

"I'm not afraid of falling. Because I know I bear the courage and ability to stand up on my feet again and fly higher than I did before." He clarifies.

I hold up my head. I lock my eyes with him. I feel like I know him so much better in a matter of few days, than I did in months. He's incredible.