[twenty-five]

"Shall we get started, Miss Yoon?" His mouth twists into the kind of puckish smirk that makes me want to slap him, hard.

He is having so much fun, it's literally reflecting in every corner of his eyes.

How is he keeping his cool when I'm this close to having a mental breakdown?

Why am I stuck with him, when I no longer wish to see him appear in my life again?

Why's he everywhere?

"The CEO told you to sit down. Didn't you hear him? Hurry up, we don't have all day." The tall and slender woman standing beside him in a skinny black dress and a tablet pc in her hands says roughly.

She must be his infamous secretary.

I've seen her a few times before the interview. She called in the candidates one after another. The way she spoke was kinda sour, bitter too sometimes. She acted like the word 'politeness' never existed in her dictionary.

I thought it was just her demeanour, her own very unique way of making impression on strangers. However, now that I'm hearing and inspecting her up close, I'm starting to apprehend that it's her personality which is originally sour.

And toxic.

"Begin, whatever this is." I say, sitting on the chair before him, a desk full of files and papers separating us.

"Don't you think you're being a little rude, Miss Yoon? You shouldn't drop the honorifics so quickly like this." Says he. There's not a bit of seriousness in his tone and it's nettling me to a great extent.

With all the infuriation boiling up inside me, I thump the glass desk with my palms. "Yah, cut the crap before I roll this desk in dirt and shove it up inside your fucking face." I grumble.

"How dare a mere applicant like you . . . Whoever you are, you can't speak to our boss like that!" The female yells back, louder than I did.

"And you can't just butt in when two people are having a conversation." I say, glaring at her.

She freezes in her spot. Fire ardents violently inside her eyes, she is absolutely speechless and it's making me proud somehow.

"You . . . Sir!" She squeals and pouts her lips. That woman is remarkably pretty, she has all the features every girl wishes they had. But that pout honestly felt so gross. I'm not trying to hyperbolize or anything, but I'm having an unquenchable urge to throw up in her face.

Mingyu brings a hand to his mouth in attempt to contain his laughter. "I think she is right Miss Manoban. You shouldn't interrupt when two people are talking." She scrunches her nose, like she is nauseated. "Why are you siding with her? Do you know her?"

For some reasons, I don't like the way she looks at him. There's hunger and greed lurking inside her eyes, as if she desperately desires something from him. Something more than just a formal CEO-secretary relationship.

I shouldn't care about it. It has nothing to do with me. But I can't help but feel disturbed. Darn it Miss Manoban.

"Miss Yoon is a special person." He briefly glances at my side. "She is someone I'm personally interested in. So I suggest you leave this to me and take a break. Go outside and have some fresh air." He states.

"And choke on that, you witch." I mumble underneath my breath. Mingyu immediately looks at me with wide nonplused eyes, as if he just heard what I said.

After she storms out, he breaks into a loud laughter.

It's a genuine one.

My heart suddenly hurts seeing him laugh like this. It has been so long; so long that I can't even remember when was the last time I saw or heard him laugh.