[fourteen]

He tells me everything from the start. I feel each and every word of his in my stomach. Sheer heaviness rings the air here and there. It makes me feel a multitude of things all at once.

Suddenly, all the emotions are rising up inside me like a pillared fire.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad or laugh or cry or be scared.

At this point, I feel blank. I'm starting to wonder what I said to her at the club. All I can remember is that I told her that I hated her.

I told Miyeon that I hated her.

I can't even imagine if she said it back or not. What was I thinking? "Try to remember what you said to her." Wonwoo nudges my shoulder, emphasising on the word 'remember'. I can't tell him the truth.

"Does it matter?"

"As long as you didn't say or did anything mean to her, it doesn't."

That's what I'm afraid of hyung. I'm afraid I said more than just that to her. Something far more than mean. What I'm more afraid about is how you would react to it once she tells you. I'm scared more than ever that the only person I have by my side will leave me, just like everyone did.

Hyung, you never told me about any of these things. You always concealed it under your quell personality from everyone. Nobody heard you crying infront of her room at late nights; nobody espied the way you looked at her picture after she was gone; nobody noticed how each of your paintings were connected to her.

Nobody ever knew how you really felt about her.

But I know your feelings.

I know what you have for her.

I also know what I have for her and unquestionably that will never change. Mark my words Miyeon, I won't let you fade away from my life again.

Not this time, not ever again.

Miyeon's POV:

"What? You wanna go back to America?!" Jeonghan almost chokes on his hamburger, coughing while clutching his chest aggressively. Do I need to mention that the sight Jeonghan of choking on his meal is nothing but pure sarcasm?

"Yeah. I want a change of environment. Also I need to clean up my mind about last night's incident." I say while playing with my pancakes and the blueberries on top of it.

Everyone's expression is defeated.

"No no not happening miracle child. You just got here from what I'd like to call hellhole." He retorts, shaking his head and hands in disapproval. I suck in a lungful of air. I'm so tired of him ordering me around.

"I'm not asking for your permission. I'm letting you know."

"My my look at you not caring about my consent and telling me after deciding. When did you become so rebellious?"

"Ever since you perfected the art of controlling my life." I say nonchalantly. "Did you say that to me?! For real Miyeon? I'm controlling your life?" He scoffs. "I'm doing everything I can to keep you safe. How could you say that to me?"

"I appreciate your concern. But you've to understand that I'm out of danger. I lost all my powers. I lost everything dear to me." I mumble the last part, so that nobody can hear it. His eyes grow soft. "Nobody will hunt me again. You see I'm free, I'm safe. So, please let me go? And I'm sorry for saying that earlier."