[two]

Third Person's POV:

She sits under the oak tree, staggering. Enervation is taking control all over her because she just managed to pull off her attempt to travel from one world to another successfully.

She heaves a sigh. But for the first time in a while, it wasn't a sigh of frustration, anger or longing; it was an exhalation of gratification.

She saw him, even if it was for only a few seconds.

"I saw him in person today. In person face to face!!" She squeals to herself, giggling. "You seem to be in a really good mood." A mysterious shadow walks past her, causing the female to focus all her attention on him. "That's right. I am."

"And why so?" She bites her lower lip in order to cease the grin that is threatening to creep onto her face. The male silently takes a seat beside her for a better hearing.

"I saw him in person. I saw my brother." She says, failing to hide her rapidly stretching excitement as the side of her lips twitch into a huge smile. "I have to be honest Miyeon. I haven't seen you smile like that, like ever. Not in these 6 years of course." He states in acknowledgment.

"How long did it take you to get there?" He asks, supporting his back against the tree. "It was for a really brief moment. So it didn't take long. 2 days and one night I guess." Miyeon shrugs.

"Yikes you don't have wings like me. If you had them, then you could've travelled 2 times faster." He shakes his head and starts flapping his wings repeatedly, as if he's trying to tease her for not having wings.

"LONG LIVE EUNWOO'S WINGS."

She chants it like an opera, hoping he will stop teasing her after this flattering compliment. Of course, he doesn't. Instead, he does it thrice faster.

He always provokes her like this, though she's already used to it. "Aish you can stop with that pretty dude. I'm not getting jelaous." She playfully hits his arm. "Okay okay. I'm getting tired anway so I'll stop." She responds with a thumbs up.

"Since you saw your brother in person and he probably saw you as well, doesn't that mean..." Eunwoo's tone morphs into a forlorn one when he's about to say his next sentence.

"You're leaving soon aren't you?"

She scoots closer to him and takes his hand in hers intertwining them.

"I'm sorry." He laughs it off, as if it's the most silliest joke he had ever heard. "Don't feel sorry towards me. I've been here for decades all by myself until you showed up. I'll be fine." He squeezes her hand, assuring. "Besides, you've waited long enough my friend. I know you were dying to escape the underworld. Oh wait. You're theoretically dead. So I shouldn't be using that term my bad."

She chuckles softly. "I know right smartass."

Indeed, she wanted to escape the underworld badly. She has been trapped here for over 6 years. Miyeon, herself wouldn't sum it up as trapped because this place ensured her safety more than anything in the world. Despite her inexplicable death that night, hunters were still out there hunting her, thirsty for her blood.

Some of them had been arrested, but not all.

Since all of those dangers have been entirely extinguished from the earth  over these years, she's finally allowed to leave the underworld and return to the normal world.

This was a promise. It was made by the moon spirit when Miyeon sacrificed herself and proved that love was worth dying for. "There'll be people left who will continue to hunt you, despite your sacrifice. You're not safe on the earth until those sinful souls are vanquished. You've done only good with your ability. As a reward, I'm making this promise to you. When the evil and the dark clouds of danger vanish from the earth, I shall grant you a second life."