[thirty-two]

I remember how I used to think that no matter what happens between me and Wonwoo after this day, our friendship will remain the same. I guess I was wrong.

Things seemed to have transposed in the tiniest fraction. We're much closer to each other than we were before, closer to each other's hearts. He is much happier now, and I can feel that the bond between us has become even more firm.

We just might be each other's bestest best friend in the whole wide world. Ain't that the best part? You bet it is.

"I gotta take care of those people now. See you later?" Releasing the hug, he remarks while wiping his face with the back of his sleeve.

"Mhmm. Ya make some good money out there and throw a huge ass party in the house. Kids love party." I exclaim.

"So it's on me now? You guys are suppose to throw me a party. Not the other way around. Besides, parties are a waste."

"We broke people since birth buddy. But hey, you know what? Forget it. It's a waste, you're right. We'll just celebrate with some chicken noodles soup with a soda on the side."

He scrunches his nose, "Sounds cheap."

"Sounds tasty and healthy."

"As long as you don't let Hoshi cook it."

"You don't need to worry about that. I'll make sure nobody bothers him while he is cooking."

"Look at you, mother of evil."

"You're welcome!"

With a triumphant chuckle, he advances towards the group of people across from where we're standing.

I glance around myself. The crowd seems to have become double in number within this short period of time. This exhibition is sure a huge success.

Not a minute later, my eyes land on a familiar silhouette standing not too far from me. It briefly stands there, then strides towards the exit. Being certain of myself who it is, I follow it.

"Wait, Mingyu stop!" I yell as I run down the stairs. He is moving at a great speed, it's almost impossible to catch up to him with my damn short legs.

"I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T STOP I'LL MAIM AND KILL YOU MYSELF."

He shows no sign of stopping, instead he increases his speed. He is running like he is the only one existing in this world. Just why?

We are out of the building now. He darts towards his car with an unusual hurry. He doesn't spare a second until he gets inside his car and slams the door, producing a clank loud enough to shake the ground.

Just like that, he vanishes out of my sight.

I hold onto my knees, short of breath. I think I just lost a pound of my weight in this chase. His unexplainable actions have left me completely dumbstruck.

Catching my breath, I brush the hairs off of my face, grip my head and think hard.

What the hell just happened?

***

I'm lying on the floor in a daze. I've been lying ever since we returned home. I'm recalling the past events, trying to find a connection and linking them, hoping to complete a whole picture.

I mess it up everytime, perhaps because I'm bone-tired. Today has been a mentally hectic day. However, my body is the one out of fuel. Sigh, I wonder if it's my body that's becoming more weak day by day like they said it would; or my mindset.