[nine]

Jeonghan's POV:

It's been four days since Miyeon mysteriously returned from the dead. Her return is as much cryptic as her death, there's so much of it. Dad is here for a few days to see his daughter. He's already aware of the supernatural that makes our family different and special apart from any other family in this world. We told him everything beforehandedly, so he didn't need to go through the period of utterly bafflement and ridiculousness unlike us. He's perpetually happy and so are we, there's no denying about it.

Miyeon's best friend Liu Xin is also here for her, she'll stay with us for a few days with her fiance. I look at them chattering inside her room from afar. Did I mention that they've been chatting for 4 hours non-stop?

Girls will be girls.

"WHAT?! YOU AND THE8 ARE ENGAGED?? WHEN?? OMGOSH CONGO GIRL!!!" Miyeon squeals, jumping on Liu Xin and attacking her with bear hugs. Her overwhelming excitement makes me smile too.

I'm losing the track of lies I'm telling her. I've never lied to her about anything. In fact, I've hated lying all my life. But I'm doing it now, everyday and everytime.

I'm lying incessantly about that one person my sister undoubtedly loves most and holds closest to her heart. I'm making excuses and forcing others to do the same everytime she asks about him.

And her.

My girlfriend.

I don't know for how many days I can hide the truth from her, I feel like she's already growing tired of my excuses. I'm losing it, all of it.

I'm the worst brother ever.

"Jeonghan!!" Miyeon calls my name out loud. It hits me like a rumbling thunder because I've been standing outside her room soundlessly for a good few minutes. "Were you eavesdropping?" She asks me sternly in suspicion, arching an eyebrow. "No not at all. I was just passing by." I say in defense.

"We were talking about The8's engagement and stuff. When are you going to invite your girlfriend over? I'm dying to see that brave girl who chose to spend her life with my freaking CeLeBrItY cLuMsY bro."

Liu Xin shoots me a dagger like look, lips pursed into a thin line. I glance at her, chewing the inside of my cheeks as I try to swallow the nerves rushing through me along with the saliva that is collecting under my tounge.

"Someone is blushing hard." Miyeon blurtes out with a muffled voice. I can't tell she's right about it, nor I can oppose with it. I'm indeed blushing and I'm equally flustered. Blushing because of her tease; flustered about the lies that I'm about to spill.

"Who says I'm blushing? I-I'll invite her soon."

With that, I awkwardly exit her room.

Text Message:

Liu Xin: Oppa you haven't told her yet?

Me: No :(

Me: Thank you for saving my ass a minute ago by the way.

Liu Xin: Welcome but you should tell her. I'm sure she'll understand.

Me: Yeah I'll tell her soon. Don't worry.
Seen.

Deep sigh.

***

"I don't get it. Why do I have to go to bed so early? And I can't I wake up early?" Miyeon groans dramatically, kicking the comforter to a further distance. "As if you ever got up early."

"No I mean- yeah I never got up early and broke several alarm clocks and even my dear phone. But this is weird. Ever since I came back, I can't wake up before noon. I never sleep till noon you know. And I feel so drowsy and all sleepy right after evening. This never happened before, something is wrong with me."

"Also why do I have to sleep with you every night? Why not in my room? I'm not your 2 months old baby." Remarks she, snorting. I laugh. "You were away from me for 6 years. I was sure you were dead, we held a small funeral and mourned on your death anniversary till this year. Now you are here like magic. If you weren't so whiny, then I wouldn't have let you out of my sight for one second. I would've held you like this 24/7." I say, gesturing.

She releases a sharp breath out through her teeth, glaring at me like she'd rip the hell out of me into pieces any moment. She acts like she hates it but I know better than any living being in this house that she loves my pampering more than anything.

Maybe it's because she thinks it's cringy to actually show it.

A brother pampering his only sister and her liking it, how's that cringy Miyeon? Where's the science?

"I'm curious. How does your girlfriend look like?" Her unpredicted question alarms my ear and sends chill down my spine. Gulping, I bring a hand at the back of my neck. Sorry Jisoos.

"Y-yeah she is pretty."

"How much pretty? Your standard is quite high. Is she an idol like you?"

"She...uh she's-"

"BABEEEEEEEE."

No no no no noooooo please not now. Get out idiot!!!!

You're so getting me killed.

Goodbye mother earth, forgive me for all my sins.

"WHY THE FUCKING FUCK ARE YOU HERE?! WITH A FREAKING ROSE BOUQUET?! AND WHY DID YOU CALL HIM BABE?????"

I rub my temples, sighing continuously in frustration.

"What a great timing Seungchol."

***
Double update hehe