[seven]

I recollect myself when I see the people around me grinning warmly, although it breaks my heart that Mingyu is not here with me to witness this wonderful moment. I assure my heart that he's probably stuck somewhere and I'll see him soon and that he's fine and healthy. "Hey, where's he? Where is Mingyu?"

Silence emerges abruptly, they look at each other and everywhere else excpet for my eyes. It's evident enough that they are attempting to avoid my question.

But why?

I don't give up, "Excuse me cowards I'm asking something." I'll forever call them cowards, crybabies, scaredy cats and so on after this night. I'm not saying that they're a bunch of cowards, but that's exactly what I'm saying.

Sorry not sorry.

"Guys seriously where's he?" The playfulness in my voice is gone, because they're doing everything they can to avoid my inquiry. Jeonghan fakes a chuckle and scratches the back of his head, the muscles inside his jaw tenses and I see a roll swirling down his throat when he thinks of the possible answers to my question.

"H-he is uhh he.. oh yeah! He's at his home town t-to visit his parents because umm... his m-mom is sick! Yes she's sick. Right guys?"

He glances at the others with a hardened look in his eyes, they all quickly agree by nodding. I'm not really persuaded by his answer because he was noticeably stuttering while talking. I've known my brother long enough, so I'm quite acquainted with all his habits, speaking manners and gestures.

He only stutteres when he's nervous or when he is trying to lie.

What is making him nervous? Why's he trying to lie? Is he really telling the truth or is he trying to hide something?

I want to interrogate him about Mingyu so bad but he doesn't let me. "Why don't you explain everything to us now?" At this moment, his demand turns out to be more crucial than me cross-examining him to figure out if he's actually lying or not.

We sit down on the floor in circle. "You guys ready?" They incline instantly, the eagerness and excitement being prominent on their faces. I expel a heavy breath.

"This is my second life."

They frown and my dumbass thinks that they're smart enough to understand with just that. They don't of course.

"You were reborn?"

"You can say that. I'll start everything from where it ended. When I was dying, the moon spirit made a promise to me. She told that there'll be hunters left to hunt me, even after my death. If one day, these hunters disappear for good, if the danger is eliminated then I shall be granted a second life. A second chance to see the world for a bit longer, as a reward for all my good deeds. Can't believe it took 6 years for these fuc- no no I mean hunters. Ruthless hunters to disappear for good and for me to return back to this world again."
I laugh at myself for the part where I was about to curse. I wouldn't do that infront of Joshua ever again.

They're staring at me with disbelieve. Nothing more. Nothing less. I know they want to believe me, but it is indeed true that it's too hard for them. So I'm willing to give them time, so that they can apprehend the current situation and the reality, which is more likely to be a miracle. "Where were you all this time?" Jihoon asks, hesitating.

"The underworld. It's a world for lost and wandering souls. Those who are lost betwen life and death are destined to stay there, in the underworld."

At least that's what Eunwoo told me.

"Like ghosts?" I chuckle silently. "Yeah you can say that." They're still stuck with that ghost theory. Maybe I should turn myself into a real ghost and prank them later in their sleep. It'll be legendary if they get too scared and pee their pants. I'll shoot a video of it and blackmail them later with it.